Talk

Advanced search

To be so upset over lost watch

(16 Posts)
susiesuemum Fri 12-Aug-11 21:14:51

I have lost my watch. dh bought it me the first christmas we were together. I love the syle of it and all it meant. Plus it was quite expensive - not in the scheme of things to some people - but about £300 I think. And certainly I couldn't afford to replace it.

I have looked everywhere - I think i must have left it at the gym.

I am I being unreasonable to be so upset. It has been all i can think about since last night. I have ripped the house apart. Dh keeps saying it is only a watch - but i just ant bear not knowing where it is.

BeerTricksPotter Fri 12-Aug-11 21:19:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AgentZigzag Fri 12-Aug-11 21:19:28

He's saying it's only a watch to try and make you feel better, but it's lovely you're sentimental over it.

And it's the sentimental part that makes it more than 'just' a watch.

If you only lost it last night, it's early days to be getting upset you'll never see it again smile

2BoysTooLoud Fri 12-Aug-11 21:20:46

I lost a ring my Gran gave me when I was 16. It was hers and her mothers. The worst part was telling her I had lost it as she was upset but nice about it. I still miss it as wore it [almost] constantly from age 16 to 30ish when lost/stolen.
I feel for you and hope it turns up.

MarshaBrady Fri 12-Aug-11 21:20:48

Ask at the gym lost and found.

I love the watch I wear too, so sympathies yanbu.

Joolyjoolyjoo Fri 12-Aug-11 21:20:49

YANBU sad Second the idea of phoning the gym. Hope it turns up.

AlfalfaMum Fri 12-Aug-11 21:22:23

YANBU
Definitely still a chance you'll find it though smile

susiesuemum Fri 12-Aug-11 21:38:15

Called the gym 3 times. know i def had it there last night and then not thsi morning. So called them staraight away. Then looked everywhere at home. Called them back and they kindly sent a memeber of staff to check the changing room i was in (they even checked the path to the car park). Then called them again later in case in change of shift message about it got lost.

BeerTricksPotter Fri 12-Aug-11 21:43:34

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Fri 12-Aug-11 21:53:09

Put a notice on the gym's board offering a reward if found?

Could it be that it slipped off your wrist before or after you were at the gym? Could it be in the car?

Can you recall the last time you know for sure it was on your wrist? Mentally recall an /physically walk through your movements before you went to the gym and when you came home. Recheck your gymbag and laundry hamper if you put clothes in it when you got back.

Are you insured for loss - perhaps under your household insurances? A replacement won't be the same but will go some way to comfort you.

susiesuemum Fri 12-Aug-11 21:55:01

Without sounding stuck up - but i dont really live in the type of area that has pawn shops. Plus i was only there at 8pm last night and i called about it at 10 am. And i was in a sort of side cubicle off the main changing area. So i think it would be really unlucky that some one that happen to go in that cubicle happened to be a thief. But then again i suppose the last week riots have shown us that my idea that most people are honest is not the case.

BeerTricksPotter Fri 12-Aug-11 22:01:55

susiesuemum Fri 12-Aug-11 22:02:10

Yes was thinking of going for a card offering reward.

I am thinking if (and it is a big if) it was in the gym considering the gym closed 15 mins after i left i was only open an hour before i called the finger has to be pointed at a member of staff.

The car is a real possibility - but had a lift of a friend, I have asked her to check her car - she has said she has and not there, but the speed of the reply makes me think it was a very very quick check. I have tried to call her again to ask her to recheck - but she has not replied to calls.

HuntForGalaxyHazelnut Fri 12-Aug-11 22:04:56

I agree with putting a notice up on the board at the gym.

Someone might have put it in their bag by accident and they might not notice it's there until the next time they get their gym bag out, which might be in a few weeks days if they're anything like me.

bouncychair Fri 12-Aug-11 22:07:20

YANBU The same thing happened to me and I was devastated.

It turned up two months later in the pocket of my cardigan I'd been wearing before I got changed into my gym kit. Have you checked all the clothes you were wearing?

moomaa Fri 12-Aug-11 22:08:26

I lost a precious ring years ago and did everything I could to recover it but I never got it back. When I told people most said 'well if you found a nice ring on the floor, you'd just put it on and keep it wouldn't you' hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now