Talk

Advanced search

To feel attacked and discriminated against...

(112 Posts)
nojustificationneeded Fri 12-Aug-11 19:57:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

catgirl1976 Fri 12-Aug-11 19:59:03

YANBU. The tories love to scapegoat single mums. They seem to be taking over from immigrants as the root of all evil. Try not to let it get to you - you know its a load of shite.

mousesma Fri 12-Aug-11 20:01:41

YANBU same old tory BS.

NonnoMum Fri 12-Aug-11 20:03:54

Everyone is looking for a scapegoat...

sad

No, YADNBU. Single mothers are a soft target, that's all. Most of them (all the ones I know) do a bloody marvellous job in incredibly hard circumstances, and deserve a bloody medal. I don't think I could do it on my own. If there are single mothers who aren't doing a good job, I'd bet the proportion of them is no higher than the proportion of rubbish 2-parent families.

GypsyMoth Fri 12-Aug-11 20:05:04

yet the bbc is reporting that only 17% of the convicted so far,are under 18

Mumfortoddler Fri 12-Aug-11 20:05:53

Too right, I know how you feel. It's not the broken homes that turned those children in to rioters. Trust me, its much more complex then that. I work with teenagers and trust me there were plenty considering it that came from nuclear families. Tory twats.

didyouseewhatshedid Fri 12-Aug-11 20:08:41

Bollocks. I come from a single parent family and I didnt grow up a thug. However...that doesnt stop me from seeing that, yes, the breakdown of traditional family life has been hugely damaging to this country. Nobody is scapegoating anybody. Politicians should be allowed to state the bleeding obvious - namely that when a kid grows up not having a clue who his father is and all the instability that brings, then it is a recipe for trouble.

Thistledew Fri 12-Aug-11 20:08:48

It's bizzare isn't it, that it is the single mothers who get the blame.

Not the single fathers.

Even if those single fathers are not even taking responsibility to raise their children.

confused

aliceliddell Fri 12-Aug-11 20:09:43

Surely there must be a benefit claiming unemployed asylum seeker single mother lesbian somewhere who we can blame for everything all at once? It would save time.

aliceliddell Fri 12-Aug-11 20:11:08

Shit, forgot - in a council house she got when she was pregnant.

Fecklessdizzy Fri 12-Aug-11 20:11:21

It's all bollocks.

The looters have the same greedy, sod-everyone-else-as-long-as-I'm-alright-jack mind set as the banks, the thieving MPs, the corrupt police trousering bribes from News Of The Screws. It's got sod all to do with single parents and everything to do with a top down culture of selfish fuckwittedness.

Bah. angry

Blueberties Fri 12-Aug-11 20:13:41

The breakdown of family life is significant. It's not that only a fifth are youngsters. The breakdown of family life has been going on for years and years. Nobody is victimising you, or anyone else who isn't involved. It's not right to pretend that the breakdown of family life isn't significant, just because it upsets people to acknowledge it. That way nothing gets done.

TalesOfTheUnexpected Fri 12-Aug-11 20:14:54

Yep, all us single mums would be better off staying with someone we don't get on with / who abuses us or the kids / who is violent (add any other variation).....and that would ensure our children are perfect.

Bullshit.

Utter bullshit.

youarekidding Fri 12-Aug-11 20:15:13

YANBU, as a LP who works in education I joked when Tories got in I should just tatoo scum on me. Oh if only I knew then. sad

Applauds feckless never a truer word said typed.

Katiebeau Fri 12-Aug-11 20:15:15

Its all tripe. A 2 parent family not raising a child with decent morals is much more culpable - and to be honest looking at who has been arrested and prosecuted they are not children of single parent families. Disappointing knee jerk bollocks.

Dilligaf81 Fri 12-Aug-11 20:15:25

I agree with Thistledew Absent fathers dont get blamed and Single dads get medals of honour.

bubblesincoffee Fri 12-Aug-11 20:16:20

If it's true that a large percentage of under achievers and rioters are from single parent families, then that's the fault of absent Fathers, not single Mothers.

nojustificationneeded Fri 12-Aug-11 20:16:30

Blueberties Fri 12-Aug-11 20:16:59

Totally agree about MPs, hacking etc.

What they have in common is a culture of impunity.

Same thing happened with exposure and the removal of immunity - outrage and exemplary sentencing.

Same thing's happening here - outrage and exemplary sentencing.

End the culture of impunity from top to bottom. It still exists in government departments and the public sector and local government and publicly paid "consultancy". Hiring friends and relatives, fat expenses, fancy offices.

All on the back of public money, from benefits to the council leaders BMW. People just think it's a big fat pot they can take out what they want and then piss in it.

Blueberties Fri 12-Aug-11 20:17:58

"don't get on with"?

FreudianSlipper Fri 12-Aug-11 20:18:26

i feel the same way

but i like to remind myself that all children have 2 parents, sadly in many cases only one takes full responsibility in their parenting role and i know the vast majority do their best

EdithWeston Fri 12-Aug-11 20:19:26

I've seen a lot of blaming of absent fathers.

nojustificationneeded Fri 12-Aug-11 20:23:35

BBQFrenzy Fri 12-Aug-11 20:23:53

Edith Can you post some links please? Not because I don't believe you - it would just cheer me up a bit to read something that showed a hint of balance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now