Talk

Advanced search

traffic wardens have double standards...

(7 Posts)
whoneedssleepanyway Fri 12-Aug-11 15:21:52

We live in the centre of town and at the top of our road is the high street which has a Sainsburys local, the delivery vehicles have to stop on the high street which has double yellow lines as there is nowhere else for them to stop, sometimes I have seen them being issued with parking tickets.

This morning I saw a traffic warden making out a ticket for a delivery vehicle, he then got into a car which his colleague was waiting in just in front of the vehicle on the same double yellow line...

How the hell is this fair, so it is ok for a traffic warden to commit a traffic violation but not anyone else....and in any event he was holding the traffic up even more by the fact that there were then two vehicles stopped on the double yellows rather than just the delivery vehicle.

If the camera on my phone had been working I would have had a good mind to have taken a photo of this and written to the council about this...

squeezemebakingpowder Fri 12-Aug-11 15:30:56

You're allowed to drop off and pick on double yellows though.

How long was the colleague waiting for the traffic warden?

Did he get out of the car to issue the ticket as he'd seen the van parked illegally then get back in the car?

It does sound a bit annoying for the other vehicles being held up by the van and the traffic warden's colleague though!

LineRunner Fri 12-Aug-11 15:36:16

Normally you have up to ten mintues on double yellows for loading and unloading.

I presume some residents have complained to the council about delivery vans taking the piss and the parking manager has decided to enforce the rules.

The wardens can wait on the double yellows.

whoneedssleepanyway Fri 12-Aug-11 15:36:39

Yes he pulled up in front of the van making the delivery to Sainsbury (which was dropping of bread it was a Warburtons van) stood there to write out the ticket and then got back in the car.

So why can't the van do the same with the dropping off the bread...?

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Fri 12-Aug-11 15:37:16

Traffic wardens are the spawn of the devil and you're best advised to keep garlic and a cross in your vehicle at all times.

Even though you haven't got a photo, write to the 'fat controllers' stating what you observed this morning.

whoneedssleepanyway Fri 12-Aug-11 15:39:13

Didn't see your post LineRunner, ok I stand corrected then...just seemed a complete joke though that they were able to do this.....

AMumInScotland Fri 12-Aug-11 15:42:45

Waiting means the driver in still in the car - and could move in an emergency - the van man can't do that unless someone else comes out to actually unload the bread for him. Loading and unloading is different from waiting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now