Talk

Advanced search

Would you do this, or am I a mug?

(101 Posts)
bananapirate Fri 12-Aug-11 12:56:45

DH is going sailing tomorrow, they go tonight. He's forgotten his sunglasses. they are prescription ones.
He wants me to take them to him.
So I have to go to the station and get on a train for 20 minutes.

thoughts?

suzikettles Fri 12-Aug-11 12:57:41

I'd go. I'm nice like that grin

He'll owe you big time, mind.

moffat Fri 12-Aug-11 12:58:15

I would do it

Nancy66 Fri 12-Aug-11 12:58:21

Yeah, I probably would do it - he didn't do it on purpose - not having the glasses will ruin his trip. it's only a couple of hours out of your day .....

AuntieMonica Fri 12-Aug-11 12:58:36

having to wear prescription lense sunglasses, i'd be eternally grateful if you did this for me.

you're not a mug, you're kind.

and yes i probably would do it, if i could.

smile

Beamur Fri 12-Aug-11 12:59:03

I'd probably go too unless there was a good reason why I couldn't.

Ciske Fri 12-Aug-11 13:00:42

Is there a good reason why he cannot come back for them himself? I assume the train travels both ways?

Sharney Fri 12-Aug-11 13:00:50

If you're a mug then so am I. Been there done that. He really wont envoy it if he can't see! smile

magicmummy1 Fri 12-Aug-11 13:02:13

I'd do it, if I could.

bumpybecky Fri 12-Aug-11 13:02:30

I'd do it. Mainly as he'd then owe me a favour and I could demand he goes to the shop for chocolate at any time it pleased me! smile

thesunshinesbrightly Fri 12-Aug-11 13:03:45

Is this the man that is going away for days? if so - no.

If not then yes.

bananapirate Fri 12-Aug-11 13:04:10

If he came home, it would be an hour there and back. if I take them, I would meet him at the train station that he is leaving from. On his way to IOW.

cricketballs Fri 12-Aug-11 13:04:19

do it but make sure that when the time is right you bring it up (for example if he moans about another pair of shoes......grin)

happystory Fri 12-Aug-11 13:04:22

Why wouldn't you do it?

GetOffOfMyCloud Fri 12-Aug-11 13:04:48

I would go if it wasn't going to cause me huge problems (picking DC up from nursery for example, although not relevant for me at mo as not due till Oct!).

He'd definitely owe Big Time though grin

bananapirate Fri 12-Aug-11 13:06:37

No, he's just going for one night, I think i read that other thread.

I don't want to do it because we had a row last night, and I don't feel like being nice to him.

But just thought if I took that out of the equation, is it a reasonable thing to do, i think it is, but I don't want to.

scottishmummy Fri 12-Aug-11 13:06:45

yes id do it.why wouldn't you help dp out?

suzikettles Fri 12-Aug-11 13:07:32

I managed to leave dh's suit behind when we went through to my mum & dad's for the weekend recently (we were going to a family christening the next day and dh was working and coming through later so I was in charge of getting our stuff there).

My lovely, lovely dad drove an hour each way to collect it for us so that we wouldn't miss out on a long-awaited night out with friends. As well as owing my dad hugely obv, I feel like I'll definitely have to pay it forward so I'll volunteering to collect forgotten things for the next while (and double checking when I leave the house - ds actually said "Mummy, we've only got one bag" but I wasn't paying attention blush).

PercyFilth Fri 12-Aug-11 13:07:58

Of course I would, unless something much more important had to take precedence. I'm surprised you even have to ask.

PattySimcox Fri 12-Aug-11 13:08:29

Depends how much he pissed you off during last nights row.

LineRunner Fri 12-Aug-11 13:08:42

So not one of his sailing friends can run him back in a car to pick up his sunglasses? All sailing people have vehicles!

of course you should - isnt that what we do for our partners?? Am sure he would do the same for you.

BertieBotts Fri 12-Aug-11 13:10:39

I'd disregard the row, unless it's directly related (ie he always leaves things behind or something)

HotChip Fri 12-Aug-11 13:10:46

Agree with PercyFilth, if you feel like he might be, is there perhaps some kind of inbalance crept into your relationship.

I'd do it without thinking, but then I know DP would do the same for me.

PercyFilth Fri 12-Aug-11 13:11:14

If you've unwisely let the sun go down on your wrath, this is the ideal way to make things good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now