Talk

Advanced search

To go out now to get tiddly while my wife is asleep

(20 Posts)
DonaldMcronald Fri 12-Aug-11 11:31:41

I finished work yesterday to stop at home and look after our new baby which is due in a couple of weeks and we have a food festival on in town
Should I make the most of my freedom while I can and go out for a beer or 3 and a pie or two while my wife is asleep upstairs?

It may be my last chance for a while

skybluepearl Fri 12-Aug-11 11:34:11

yes but leave a note and bring her a pie/something yummy back.

lisad123 Fri 12-Aug-11 11:34:22

why have you stopped work now?? Its pointless, the baby might be late and then your be back at work when it arrives! Most men finish work on the day the baby comes ime.
Might as well go out if shes asleep though

lubeybooby Fri 12-Aug-11 11:34:24

YANBU but ONLY if you make the house spotless first, leave a note and bring pie back for your wife later!

DonaldMcronald Fri 12-Aug-11 11:38:17

I left now because I hated my job and I want a steady few weeks at home before the baby arrives. I think my spare time will be very scarce once the little chap/chapett arrives

hellospoon Fri 12-Aug-11 11:42:37

Its brill that you have fininshed early to help your DW with preperations for the baby to come along.

Make sure you leave her a note and bring her a pie or 6 back.

if you dont do that then we will have to advise her to 'leave the bastard' grin

shakey1500 Fri 12-Aug-11 11:44:06

YANBU to make the most of your freedom before the baby arrives but, as others have said, leave a note etc. Or better yet, wait till she wakes and see if she wants to go with you smile

didldidi Fri 12-Aug-11 11:44:21

What you left a job? do you have another one?

fuckityfuckfuckfuck Fri 12-Aug-11 11:45:24

If this is your first you have a looooooong boring wait ahead of you.

Only on mumsnet can judgy pants start quivering over pie and maternity leave wink

itisnearlysummer Fri 12-Aug-11 11:46:15

Clean/tidy up.

Leave her sleeping.

Leave her a note.

Don't get pissed.

Bring something back.

No problem! grin

mummytotwoboys Fri 12-Aug-11 11:50:56

Are you going to be a SAHD? If so then go for it! You will need all the you time you can get before Bubs comes! Although you will be able to take the baby to these sorts of things when he/she arrives smile

Gonzo33 Fri 12-Aug-11 11:51:24

Agree with all the above! Don't get pissed ffs - or we will have to shoot you!

aleene Fri 12-Aug-11 11:52:24

Why did you not have this conversation with your wife while she was awake? Why are you asking our permission to sneak out the house? Odd imo. hmm

sunshinelifeisgood Fri 12-Aug-11 11:55:45

I think sneaking out is a good idea makes you feel like a kid again, as long as you bring her back lots of goodies and treat her like a princess for the rest of the day then yanbu smile

TheSkiingGardener Fri 12-Aug-11 11:56:06

Enjoy it, and bring goodies back.

BUT bear in mind that you will be able to do stuff like this with your DC, but you won't be able to linger over the last drop of anything, or have seconds, or doze off in the sunshine, so make sure you do all of those.

Whatmeworry Fri 12-Aug-11 12:00:43

Are you MAD?. Going near ALCOHOL with a pregnant wife about to deliver YOUR CHILD? Leaving her ALONE And VULNERABLE just to selfishly feed your Disgusting gourmet pie habit. I am SHOCKED!

Unless you bring a few home of course. And some fudge....

Honeydragon Fri 12-Aug-11 12:06:31

Fgs enjoy but be in a position to drive. My poor dh came home earlyish on a Friday night. Having had a shit day he announced he would be partaking in a bottle of wine, a crap movie and should we have a take away?

He was halfway through said bottle of wine when my waters broke grin

ConfessionsOfAnAchingFanjo Fri 12-Aug-11 12:23:42

Personally I'd be pissed off if my DH did that to me, but only because I'd want to go and eat pie with him.

You know your wife better than us. If you do go I agree, leave a note, don't get pissed and bring her back lots of nice yummy food

TalcAndTurnips Fri 12-Aug-11 12:34:13

Bring back some vindaloo-based snacks and some raspberry-leaf beer and your offspring will be with you before the sun is over the yardarm.

Anyway, how can you consider going out whilst the test match is so exciting? Cooky has just got his double century and the Indians are giving up the will to live. I'm in for the duration <slurps tea>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now