Talk

Advanced search

To nip to the shops without the DC?

(16 Posts)
GhoulLasher Fri 12-Aug-11 11:17:11

I think I am BU but thought I had better check. DDs are 7 and 3 and a half (like that half really counts)

DH is asleep upstairs as he works nights. He's light sleeper.

DD aged 7 is very sensible. I can be at the shop in 5 minutes on my bike and back again in another 5...I gues they migt be alone for 15 minutes.

IABU aren't I?

It's looking like rain though and if I take them both, it will take AGES to get them sorted, out and walking there and back and I just cant be bothered!

Grr.

I can lock the door behind me...tell them not to answer the door and to go toDaddy if anything goes wrong....but in reality they wont even move from the sofa where they're watching a DVD.

Please....can I go?

picnicbasketcase Fri 12-Aug-11 11:19:07

I think it would be okay as they're not alone, there is an adult in the house they can go to if they need to, but you'll probably get loads of posts telling you you're an abomination for considering it.

Fuzzywuzzywozabear Fri 12-Aug-11 11:19:51

YANBU - there is an adult in the house

Go, they're not alone, their Dad is there.

I wouldn't have thought twice.

TakeMeDrunkImHome Fri 12-Aug-11 11:21:39

I certainly would. They aren't going to be alone, any problems and your 7yo can go upstairs and wake Dad. I would have no hesitation.

cheesesarnie Fri 12-Aug-11 11:22:34

depends are you buying special brew or milk?

cant you wake dh and tell him that you are popping out,he doesnt have to get up,just be aware the your not there?

LittleWhiteHeart Fri 12-Aug-11 11:22:58

Hiya!

I'd say go, my mum used to leave me and my two younger siblings in the house while she nipped to the shops, I was probably 7 or 8 at the time. There was no other adult in the house, but there was a rotweiler in the yard!

Just make sure your hubby's mobile is next to his head incase you get held up for some reason! smile

LWH x

peacemoon Fri 12-Aug-11 11:23:07

Of course you can go! Their dad is in the house!

GhoulLasher Fri 12-Aug-11 11:24:07

grin at Special Brew!

I need milk and bread!

I am scared!

cheesesarnie Fri 12-Aug-11 11:25:29

milk and bread is fine.special brew is not

squeakytoy Fri 12-Aug-11 11:25:33

They are not going to be on their own in the house, yanbu.

itisnearlysummer Fri 12-Aug-11 11:25:44

I'd whisper in DH's ear that you're going so he knows to be ready if needed. No good if he hears a commotion and thinks, oh it's ok, Ghoul's downstairs.

And then I'd go.

skybluepearl Fri 12-Aug-11 11:32:14

if you 3.5 year old is not a daft chhild then go ahead.

let DH know you are going tho

JessKM Fri 12-Aug-11 11:43:35

GOOOOOO!!!! Just let ur DH know ur popping out, he can sleep with one eye open. YANBU, just make sure he knows the keep an ear out and call him if u get held up. As long as its a good DVD and theyre not playing with forks and sockets, they'll be fine! THe longer you spend stressing, the shorter the dvd gets!

GhoulLasher Fri 12-Aug-11 12:14:03

I am back.

I went into our bedroom and said "Dh I'm going to the shop"

and he said

"Hrrlupatu" which I took for "Fine, I'll keep my ears open"

They're intact and fine!

[liberated]

If my Mum had found out she would have gone mad. I was planning to say "But MN said I could!" grin

itisnearlysummer Fri 12-Aug-11 12:19:12

Was probably a good plan too.

It's just started chucking it down here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now