Talk

Advanced search

To wish Cameron was more like the Russian action man?

(19 Posts)
AgentZigzag Fri 12-Aug-11 00:38:49

Like something off a weirdy cross between Time Team and James Bond, Vladimir Putin's been fishing for votes diving at a Greek archaeology site.

I know I'm being unreasonable to reduce international politics to a show of manly strength, but Cameron just comes up as so weedy in comparison grin

worraliberty Fri 12-Aug-11 00:39:34

I bet he wears Budgie Smugglers sad

madhattershouse Fri 12-Aug-11 00:45:10

Putin wears his thinning hair well, Cameron seems to be gaining hair at times. Did anyone else notice that having been recalled from his holiday he seems to have suddenly developed some white sides to his barnet?? Must have forgotten to pack the "just for men" grin

AgentZigzag Fri 12-Aug-11 00:59:33

You're obviously a woman of the world worra, I had to google what they were (learning lots on MN tonight).

But my lack of knowledge did allow me to find quite a nice piccy of Obama in his swimmers, so all's not lost smile

He's obviously trying to look more distinguished madhatter, y'know, like Will Riker did in Star Trek when he grew a beard grin

Goodynuff Fri 12-Aug-11 05:23:56

Our's (Stephen Harper) is known for his reptillian looks, and helmet hair grin
link

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 12-Aug-11 08:18:50

Putin is a murderous thug who has been watching too many Bond movies. Wonder if he has a long-haired white cat that he strokes thoughtfully at night....?

plupervert Fri 12-Aug-11 09:01:37

Oh, AgentZigzag, how could you?

Let's not pander to male power vanity - look how dysfunctional the politics become if physical vanity is involved:

Tony Blair - forget the moobs, he was a good looking man, knew and used it.

Bill Clinton - (I was going to do a "shock" face, but thought that might be misinterpreted wink)

Silvio Berlusconi -

<gavel falls. 'Nuff said>

jeckadeck Fri 12-Aug-11 09:15:25

putin is a nasty piece of work but he does have abs to die for.

AgentZigzag Fri 12-Aug-11 21:09:05

'Oh, AgentZigzag, how could you?'

blush <<mumbles>> sorry pluper.

I was having a shallow moment.

shock at helmet hair.

HuntForGalaxyHazelnut Fri 12-Aug-11 21:56:28

Oh God, i have had some filthy dreams about Vladimir Putin, i don't know what it is about him, but there's something very erotic. I thought I was the only one.

My sister had a sex dream about Prince Phillip once, now that is [boak]

MrsKwazii Fri 12-Aug-11 21:58:39

Would he have plastic pants like my crystal Ken did?

AgentZigzag Fri 12-Aug-11 23:00:06

Did your sister ever get over it Hunt?

Imagine your own mind betraying you in that way, how could you live with it?

plupervert Sat 13-Aug-11 07:02:57

Ah, being betrayed by one's mind and imagination! Well, that's all right; I actually have a theory to cover that! Your imagination is warning you off precipitate and regrettable action. This sort of dream allows you to experience horror and guilt without having to suffer them long-term. A bit like Catholic guilt (I imagine).The fact that Putin and Prince Philip are physically and socially inaccessible means it is only a temporary distraction. My dream about Mr Spock fits this theory absolutely perfectly! wink

Does anyone feel better now? smile

lisianthus Sat 13-Aug-11 11:55:17

They are already making fun of Putin in Russia for finding two suspiciously clean amphorae in 2 m deep water in an area archaeologists have been swarming over for months.

lisianthus Sat 13-Aug-11 11:55:41

That's 2 metres deep, not miles.

lisianthus Sat 13-Aug-11 12:00:51

He is Russia's answer to Sarah Palin with a nasty streak

HuntForGalaxyHazelnut Sat 13-Aug-11 12:02:28

Ooh interesting theory plupervert ! Sister and I were raised catholic, maybe this is our subconscious catholic guilt saying "You wanted erotic sex dreams? Well how do you like these apples?!"

Your Mr Spock dream does fit the mould, he's very inaccessible, even if he wasn't fictional he would be distant and incapable of human emotions.

Agent ZigZag I think she's still a bit traumatised by it, she was shuddering for a few days, and it made watching the Royal Wedding quite awkward.

AgentZigzag Sat 13-Aug-11 21:10:22

I swear I'm not making this up plupervert, but I had a dream about Data from The Next Generation!

What are the odds of that? grin

Also fits your insightful theory being physically and socially inaccessible, and emotionless and controlled like Mr Spock (although Mr Spock lacks the detachable robotic nob attachments (with assorted pneumatic extras)).

It does make me feel better, thank you smile

<<shudders with Hunt>> at feeling awkward about knowing Prince Philip intimately. Think what you like of the Queen, but you've got to feel compassion for her on that count.

plupervert Sun 14-Aug-11 10:43:11

Oh, what great news, lithianthus! Medvedev should be furious about such meddling with appearances! After, all, the "real" Russian president is cool, too! Isn't he?

And Agent Zigzag, I do "get" Data, too! Just not Putin

Have you seen the new StarTrek, with Zachary Quinto as Spock? He's been turned into a bit of a pin-up, but is still more appealing than the Kirk character (which was the case for the original as well).

But they're not megalomaniacal batards like Putin. (lisianthus, I can't thank you enough for the news about the staged finding; it gets better, the more I think about it)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now