Talk

Advanced search

I painted my dd's nails today

(34 Posts)
smalltownshame Thu 11-Aug-11 23:09:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LoopyLoopsTootyFroots Thu 11-Aug-11 23:10:45

Good for you/her. DD would love that. Bet she went to bed really happy, bless her. smile

RabidRabbit Thu 11-Aug-11 23:12:39

I let DD (2) have her nails painted bright pink, with little pink gems on both of her little fingers nails, when I got acrylics put on last week. Chavtastic maybe, but it cost nothing and the look on her face as she was showing everyone her pretty nails was also priceless. Although she picked the gems off in the car, and I took the polish off that night.

Bogeyface Thu 11-Aug-11 23:12:47

If you did it regularly and considered it part of her "grooming" then yes, YWBU but as a treat so she can play at being like mummy, no YANBU at all. One of the nicest things about having girls is this kind of thing. I have been seen sporting some very interesting "looks" over the years after having my hair and make up done by my girls! And in return I do their nails and allow them to wear some glittery lip gloss, That is usually followed by some sort of event, such a posh dinner (posh being relative grin) or a disco!

biddysmama Thu 11-Aug-11 23:12:51

i got my nails done for my wedding and my dd had hers painted with star stickers on 'like mummy' shes 2 and loved it smile

AgentZigzag Thu 11-Aug-11 23:12:58

I'm surprised she sat still for long enough, but I don't see anything wrong with wanting to be like her mum, it's all they do when they're small children isn't it?

19 MO DD2 is a right pain for nicking off with whoever's left their shoes laying about, esp great to see her trudging round in DHs size 11s grin

SuePurblybilt Thu 11-Aug-11 23:13:12

It's probably MN Evil Sin Number 34, isn't it? grin I have done my DD's nail's blue, in the holidays and as a bribe. I don't think it'll scar her.
She also tries to steal my powder brush to 'do her make up'. I don't let her cos after she's done hers, she wants to do the dog's and I draw the line there.

mrsdonkeybucket Thu 11-Aug-11 23:14:15

Awww. That's lovely.

My DD (7) loves having her nails painted. I get her the palest of pale colours from Boots 'Natural Collection' range, I think they are about £1.79 a bottle ?

I am thinking of getting her one of those nail kits, so that we can do a colour and then a little design, someone gave her some nail stickers but they are too big for her little nails !

I am not normally a 'girly girl' myself, but I love doing it with my DD !

smalltownshame Thu 11-Aug-11 23:15:09

smalltownshame Thu 11-Aug-11 23:15:36

Honeydragon Thu 11-Aug-11 23:16:33

I was doing my nails on Monday and dh (aged 8) asked if I could do his middle finger "like Penn & Teller". Dh was adamant I was BU grin

UANBU not if she was so pleased to have pretty fingers.

Honeydragon Thu 11-Aug-11 23:17:08

sorry ds wanted his finger nail done and dh was not happy [doh]

McDreamy Thu 11-Aug-11 23:17:18

DD (2.5) has one pink foot and one blue foot after her auntie painted them at the weekend - just like mummy (I don't have my toe nails painted blue and pink btw). She loved it!

skybluepearl Thu 11-Aug-11 23:17:21

my kids love it too - just a bit of decoration like face painting

bumpybecky Thu 11-Aug-11 23:17:49

ds (3.5) has blue nails at the moment. He saw dd3 (6) having hers painted very pink and demanded his were done too! it's not the first time, but his are always blue (his choice)

squeakytoy Thu 11-Aug-11 23:18:25

pale pink or clear nail varnish is fine.. YANBU.. what does your DH think is going to happen to her because she has a bit of polish on her nails??

mrsdonkeybucket Thu 11-Aug-11 23:18:36

Agree, sky

In my experience the varnish is much easier to remove than the bloomin' face paints ! grin

notlettingthefearshow Thu 11-Aug-11 23:24:38

sounds like harmless fun as a little treat.

ChrisPBacon Thu 11-Aug-11 23:25:48

DHs usually believe the next step is multiple navel piercings or an elbow to shoulder tattoo IME. This is his DAUGHTER!!!!

Just wait til she's. 11 and fancies getting her ears pierced ----> here is his face sad

SucksFake Thu 11-Aug-11 23:28:09

My DD had her nails painted for the first time when she was 2.5. On the suggestion of my DH. hmm
Her favourite colour is purple <<sigh>>, but thankfully she only ever wants her toenails painted smile

Joolyjoolyjoo Thu 11-Aug-11 23:28:48

my dd is 7 and recently had a friend over. They wanted to give each other "makeovers" God knows where she has gotten this from as I am so not a girly girl, and rarely wear make-up, and nail polish never. I gave them some old make-up and nail polish (after discussing with friend's mum, of course!). They were like a pair of clowns- hilarious. Don't see the harm in it, really.

MerylStrop Thu 11-Aug-11 23:28:49

I have to paint DDs toenails every time I do mine
Had to do DS's too until he was 4 and a half.

Honeydragon Thu 11-Aug-11 23:33:20

Oh not the dad sad face. I have a tattoo across my shoulder blades that's been there 6 years and my Dads not seen it as I couldn't bear the sad, I ran into him in town once in a vest top and walked backwards for about 200 yds to avoid him seeing it grin

startail Thu 11-Aug-11 23:34:22

Face paints easy, you need baby wipes. It's only a problem on adults, gets in all our grotty open pores.
You've just reminded me I promised dd1 blue toe mails to go with her sandals (but she's 13 so maybe not a MN crime)

ChrisPBacon Thu 11-Aug-11 23:36:43

Arf at honey dragon! Yep! Yes indeedy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now