Advanced search

to ask if you was the PM what changes would you make

(18 Posts)
AuntiePickleBottom Thu 11-Aug-11 21:29:00

discuss.

MadamDeathstare Thu 11-Aug-11 21:29:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mrsdonkeybucket Thu 11-Aug-11 21:30:34

I would listen to the people of the country I work for.

CognitiveDissident Thu 11-Aug-11 21:35:45

9 o'clock is wine o'clock...
Officially.

Also what mrsdonkeybucket said.

MadamDeathstare Thu 11-Aug-11 21:39:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kladdkaka Thu 11-Aug-11 21:40:19

I'd close every single tax evasion avoidance loophole thus clearing the debt overnight. I'd also repeal the law which requires politicians to be tits.

DuelingFanjo Thu 11-Aug-11 21:43:23

I'd want correct grammar drummed into kids in schools.

GeraldineAubergine Thu 11-Aug-11 21:43:33

I would make everyone in the country wear a uniform of my choosing colour coded according to how high you had risen in my estimation. Silver jumpsuit would be number 1, brown puffball skirt and string vest combo coming up the rear. I of courselves would have a golden hunting jacket and a top hat made of diamonds.

LivingEdwardMunchPainting Thu 11-Aug-11 21:45:05

a) roll my sleeves up à la Barack when visiting riot scenes instead of being dressed up to the nines
b) tie Great Britain to a (big) barge and tow it a bit further left so it didn't have to get involved in crappy EU timewasting money-wasting energy-wasting resource-wasting bureaucratic shite
c) definitely make Boris Johnson wear the peach sundress, plus a hat with cherries
d) get Cleggy to take the strain for a bit and go back to Tuscany

southeastastra Thu 11-Aug-11 21:45:33

for people who don't work within education of childcare and social services to BUTT out of all decision making and i trust the people who actuall do the work not people employed to watch and judge them

southeastastra Thu 11-Aug-11 21:46:18

i would also employ an editor clearly grin

LivingEdwardMunchPainting Thu 11-Aug-11 21:47:51

Perhaps not a tabloid editor ...

ChumleeIsMyHomeboy Thu 11-Aug-11 21:49:22

I heartily agree with Dueling.

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Thu 11-Aug-11 21:49:56

Make all parents financially support their biological children, no matter what else comes into their lives.

Make all politicians pay double-tax and use the savings to give every woman in the country a few £00s for a windfall treat... I'd spend mine on Jo Malone, I marinade in the stuff.. grin

usualsuspect Thu 11-Aug-11 21:51:49

For people who haven't got a clue about life not to run the country

mrsdonkeybucket Thu 11-Aug-11 21:56:03

OK.

Perhaps :

I would listen to the majority of people in the country I work for, oh, and my peers, who sometimes 'get it' better than I do.

And not just press on regardless with things that I (alone) believe are right.

Spuddybean Thu 11-Aug-11 22:03:00

i used to interview people applying to train to be nurses. We did group interviews with question cards and asked each person to pick a card (unseen) then talk for 2 mins and then discuss with the rest of the group for 3 mins. (to see interaction etc).

Anyway, the op's question was one of them (bearing in mind this was an interview in front of a panel and one of the skills of nurses is to deal with delicate situations and subjects).

I was shock that on more than one occasion the answer (agreed with by others in the group) was to bring back the death penalty for homosexuals!

properly grim. sad

mrsdonkeybucket Thu 11-Aug-11 22:10:23

Spuddy

<splutters> That's appalling. shock angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now