Talk

Advanced search

to consider hanging up my mumsnet hat until people stop with these knee-jerk reactions.

(104 Posts)
StrandedBear Thu 11-Aug-11 10:41:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

zingzillachinchilla Thu 11-Aug-11 10:42:45

YANBU but if most of the posts are in AIBU, it's always going to get a little heated

ShirleyKnot Thu 11-Aug-11 10:45:35

Just hide AIBU for a while.

I'm trying not to read any of the shite being spouted on here (or anywhere TBH) as it is a bunch of wank.

StrandedBear Thu 11-Aug-11 10:48:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

valiumredhead Thu 11-Aug-11 10:50:37

Knee jerk reactions are what make MN so fun wink

Tee2072 Thu 11-Aug-11 10:50:38

Go to Customize and then the bottom of the page and there is a link to go to another page and hide topics.

Otherwise you'll be gone from MN for, oh, 10 or 15 years. grin

TeamDamon Thu 11-Aug-11 10:50:50

I just wish that there weren't so many threads banging on about the same thing. Can't all those who are outraged by people being upset by the riots have one thread to vent their outrage and let the rest of active convos be about other stuff? Yes, it's important and interesting but all the threads say the same thing!

usualsuspect Thu 11-Aug-11 10:53:01

Is so full of bollocks I'm constantly banging my head on my keyboard

<buys new keyboard>

oopsiedoopsie Thu 11-Aug-11 10:53:52

Internet survival rule #1
If you dont want to get annoyed by something, dont read it.

People will always vent thier twoddle, thinking that what they think is either new, innovative or somehow different from the previous 20 threads posted below thier own. Just ignore it.

ShirleyKnot Thu 11-Aug-11 10:54:25

Just don't click on those threads that look like they might contain wank.

Like 'AIBU to think that all poor people should be MURDERIZED!?' = don't click.

Whereas 'AIBU to think bunnies are fluffy but NOT velvety?' = clickity click that thread.

grin

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 11-Aug-11 10:55:52

YANBU... but we need moderates to keep being the voice of reason in debates or else MN is going to start looking like Facists R Us. So stick around, put in your two penn'orth for democracy and stand up to the hang 'em and flog 'em mob mentality.

PeterSpanswick Thu 11-Aug-11 10:56:34

I'm bewildered by the insanity on here at the moment...

Talking in my sleep, bumping into things... It's like, AFFECTING me, man!

Seriously, I hate those threads too.

LemonDifficult Thu 11-Aug-11 10:57:21

YABU. The vast majority of posters share the same views as you appear to and make themselves heard on those threads.

It may even be worth hearing the ideas of these knee-jerkers, if nothing more than to know your enemy. There's always a possibility that you don't have the whole thing intellectually licked, y'know.

CurrySpice Thu 11-Aug-11 10:57:24

I am simply not clicking on these type of threads op because it really is too depressing for words sad

CognitiveDissident Thu 11-Aug-11 10:58:18

There have been calls on another thread for a 'Facists Corner'...it's something to consider. The DM coterie can hang out there and indulge in benefit bashing wankfests; leaving the rest of Mumsnet free for us decent folk.

porcamiseria Thu 11-Aug-11 10:59:13

fuck off then

its not a knee jerk reactions, this has been bubbling for years

and if being concerned around badly behaved kids producing yet more fucked up kids makes me a facist, bring it on!

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 11-Aug-11 11:01:22

There you go porcamiseria.... in one short sentence you've proved that people with the hang 'em and flog 'em reaction are borderline illiterate, offensive and unwilling to engage in a real debate. QED I'd say.

worraliberty Thu 11-Aug-11 11:01:29

To be honest I've had a belly full of all the riot threads. I'm bored with them now.

But I wouldn't not log in or post because I don't like other people's opinions, no matter how ridiculous they are.

Differing opinions are what makes a chat forum.

CurrySpice Thu 11-Aug-11 11:03:54

Oh well porc being as you explained it so eleoquently, I'll change my mind

<shaking head in sorry disbelief emoticon>

ShirleyKnot Thu 11-Aug-11 11:04:03

Aw porca. What a little sweetheart you are! Have some cake and a cup of tea and then go fuck yourself! grin

LadyThumb Thu 11-Aug-11 11:04:09

I'm with porca !!

sprogger Thu 11-Aug-11 11:05:31

Nah, stick around. We need to bolster the sandbags of civilisation against the recent wave of anarchy on ALL fronts, including MN.

usualsuspect Thu 11-Aug-11 11:05:33

I'm with Shirley

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 11-Aug-11 11:06:29

I'm with sprogger. If I knew how to make a facebook page, that's what I'd call it smile

ShirleyKnot Thu 11-Aug-11 11:07:08

I wonder why those who hold those kind of views have decided to post on this thread when there's 7 billion other threads on MN already where they can wank themselves into a frothy mess about The Way To Do Things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now