Talk

Advanced search

A letter to David Cameron's parents...

(18 Posts)
PerryCombover Thu 11-Aug-11 09:28:34

AIBU to think that this should be what we are focussing on.

MJHASLEFTTHEBUILDING Thu 11-Aug-11 09:30:50

Message withdrawn

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Thu 11-Aug-11 09:31:50

More attention seeking. I think that Twitter is responsible for so much.

GeekCool Thu 11-Aug-11 09:34:55

Lying social media can be used for good as well as bad. The Riots cleanups have largely been organised through social media. It's not the medium that's the problem, it's the people using it.

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Thu 11-Aug-11 09:38:50

It's also the medium for such self- indulgent and blinkered 'open letters' that really don't focus on the problems at hand but are written in the hope of getting admiring 'likes' from sycophants.

unpa1dcar3r Thu 11-Aug-11 09:39:05

Wow Perry, what a letter.
Yes of course this is what we should all be also focussing on but as usual it will get side swiped to focus on the yoofs of broken Britain alone.
angry

schomberg Thu 11-Aug-11 09:39:18

YABU. What we should be focussing on is the riots. Instead people want to talk about anything else. Just like after the Norway shootings or the chap who got killed by a Polar Bear in Svalbard. People said "Oh, it's horrific he killed all of those people BUT the real issue is that immigration is really getting out of hand". "He shouldn't have done it. It's totally wrong. Cultural Marxism is destroying Europe though."

They couldn't simply observe the tragedy. Likewise I am sick of people saying "Oh, looting is terrible but Bankers are bigger looters". "Well there's frankly no excuse for rioting but the Government is attacking young people with it's EMA cuts." "Look, I think it's a shame that people are having their homes wrecked and businesses destroyed but that cunt David Cameron put on a blue tailcoat and smashed several bottles of wine and a few plates at an Oxford do. That's the REAL ISSUE."

No. No. No. No. No. It's on a much smaller scale but in principle, people raising the Buller issue are excusing the rioters, just as people who raised immigration issues in the aftermath of the Norway shootings were in essence excusing what the nutbar did. And it's disingenuous in the extreme to liken someone smashing plates and writing a cheque to someone burning down 30 apartments.

unpa1dcar3r Thu 11-Aug-11 09:43:28

Years ago a lecturer of mine was discussing vandalism. He referred to the lads of Eton/Cambridge etc who would go on a drunken rampage through their towns upon graduation smashing everything, throwing bikes in the Thames etc and how the shop keepers would in preperation have to board up their shops.
It was put down as highjinx and to be expected. No charges ever brought...
And then how 'working class' or under class as they're now known, would do similar and the punishments involved for their sheer pointless vandalism.

Neither was right, both should've been punished but dependent on which class they came from governed their punishment or lask of therein!

schomberg Thu 11-Aug-11 09:57:40

This thread has really got under my skin. unpa perrycombover, if you don't understand the difference between:

"Students at Oxford University have been given food for thought after an undergraduate was fined £80 for throwing a trifle during exam celebrations.
It’s traditional at the prestigious university these days to take part in ‘trashing’ ceremonies following the completion of exams, which often descend into huge food fights.
It was during such an event that the woman, who has not been named, was caught rubbing the trifle in another student’s face.
She was issued with a spot fine and told she could not graduate until she’d paid it.
A friend of the woman told The Daily Telegraph: ‘Trashing happens every year, but this girl was seen rubbing a trifle in someone’s face and was given an £80 on-the-spot fine for disorderly behaviour.
Many students simply throw silly string around and let off party poppers, but more unsavoury antics - such as throwing rotten food around - have led to university officials patrolling Facebook for incriminating photographs and issuing stern written warnings."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2005702/How-throwing-trifle-stopped-Oxford-University-student-graduating.html#ixzz1UhzjFIOH

"After arriving well-dressed and in an apparently civilised manner, the group became increasingly boisterous in the pub's dining cellar. After they smashed glasses, one diner was found by the landlord, Ian Rogers, to be bleeding heavily from a deep gash to his cheek.
Worse was to follow, and after the meal (smoked salmon and steak) was served the room erupted into chaos.
Mr Rogers said: "All the food and plates had been thrown everywhere and they were jumping on top of each other on the table, like kids in a playground."
In the melee, which was punctuated by loud swearing, a window and 18 wine bottles were smashed.
According to the landlord, Fellowes paid the £596 bill in cash and then offered another £500 for the damages. But Mr Rogers accepted only £100 and called the police."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/columnists/article-334111/Shame-Dianas-nephew.html#ixzz1Ui0NpYID

And http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_England_riots then you're to thick to realise how foolish you look.

schomberg Thu 11-Aug-11 09:58:10

*too. That is an awful place to make a typo. Serves me right.

fivegomadindorset Thu 11-Aug-11 09:59:15

It should only be to Mrs Cameron though, his father died last year.

PerryCombover Thu 11-Aug-11 11:18:37

I must be too fick then

spookshowangel Thu 11-Aug-11 11:24:53

i think its a fantastic letter, points out some great things about the mp's expenses and how many of the people that stole money from the tax payer not only never saw prison, or paid it back but still have their jobs sitting raging at people stealing ipods and we wonder about our society and no respect for the law?

Omarlittlest Thu 11-Aug-11 11:33:31

YANBU

PerryCombover Thu 11-Aug-11 11:36:50

Why do you dislike Twitter so much LyingWitchinthewardrobe?

AlpinePony Thu 11-Aug-11 11:37:47

Mr Cameron's father is unlikely to read the letter.

PerryCombover Thu 11-Aug-11 11:38:22

schomberg

course I understand the difference but did you manage to read the rest of the article? Interesting points to be made about those furious at our feralyouthscumbenefitscrounger Britain

unpa1dcar3r Thu 11-Aug-11 11:56:14

Schomberg, no you are right, I do not understand the point you are trying to make.
We watched video's at the lecture I mentioned before of the damage caused by the 'highjinx' of the 'educated' graduates of Oxford/Cambridge. The damage was astronomical; shops smashed to smithereens, Shopkeepers in despair, rubbish bins/bikes etc thrown into the Thames...don't recall seeing anything on fire but otherwise it looked pretty much like what we are seeing now with the looters.

Neither is right, both need punishment.
The difference is the rich will not be punished as daddy will pay for any damage and the poor will not be punished adequatley because of our dreadful penal system.

The point I think of this letter is 'take the plank of wood from your own eye before you vilify the splinter of wood in someone elses' And yes I agree with that sentiment wholeheartedly.

Criminality is a top down thing, particularly nowadays. The difference being only that much of the top crime is hushed up/swept under the carpert, almost expected while the lower class crime is in yer face.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now