Talk

Advanced search

To feel as if I like my children more when they're asleep?

(19 Posts)
Sleepglorioussleep Wed 10-Aug-11 16:22:54

Just realised that most, if not all, of my most adoring moments as a parent have come when my three dc are asleep! Could that be why I love newborns? And am I a dreadful mother?

Fisharefriendsnotfood Wed 10-Aug-11 16:24:20

No, I reckon that's completely normal..at least it is round here grin

Tortington Wed 10-Aug-11 16:25:35

newborns wake up regularly, its great when they go to bed at 8pm and dont get up til morning.

<ahh>

now mine are all over 18 and up all fecking night

picnicbasketcase Wed 10-Aug-11 16:26:39

Are they school age? I think it might be because we're in the middle of the summer holidays. Everyone feels like that sometimes.

AnyFucker Wed 10-Aug-11 16:27:05

omg, everyone feels like that

Sleepglorioussleep Wed 10-Aug-11 16:28:26

Could definitely be worse due to holidays. And dd2 is five weeks old so energy and patience reserves low!

whackamole Wed 10-Aug-11 16:28:47

After the day I have had today......bedtime can't come quick enough. Shame it's summer time and I can't put them to bed at 4pm - they're so much more lovable asleep!

cat64 Wed 10-Aug-11 16:29:10

Message withdrawn

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 10-Aug-11 16:29:55

Over half the pictures I have of DD are her asleep. I have to make a conscious effort to take pictures when she is awake!

TheMonster Wed 10-Aug-11 16:31:01

My son is an angel when he is asleep, bless him.

Sleepglorioussleep Wed 10-Aug-11 16:31:04

Custard-friends of ours counselled us against having three because they'd all be up and wAnting to be around in the evening when teenagers!

babycham42 Wed 10-Aug-11 16:31:38

No you"re not a dreadful mother!They are BEAUTIFUL when they"re asleep! However bolshy and argumentative and downright challenging my DD"s have been during the day, when they are asleep in bed they"re my innocent little babies. I love to just sit and watch them a while!

mycatsaysach Wed 10-Aug-11 16:31:48

that old saying goes

children they are either a lump in the throat or a pain in the neck grin

ChildofIsis Wed 10-Aug-11 16:40:32

What I want to know is why they won't go to bed when they're tired!

I don't expect to get any answers, I realise this is an age old problem.

thebird Wed 10-Aug-11 16:51:38

YANBU - I love seeing my DDs asleep it always reminds me of when they were babies - something about their little faces. I always feel a surge of love we I see them asleep even if we have had one of those days....and it helps that they are quiet for once

griphook Wed 10-Aug-11 16:55:36

ha ha love it, my heart gushes for ds when he's asleep

Sleepglorioussleep Wed 10-Aug-11 17:55:51

Thebird-that's so true! I always go and look at them sleeping when I'm pining for the newborn stage!

Sleepglorioussleep Wed 10-Aug-11 17:57:01

Oh yes - mrsterrypratchett- another nugget of truth! See sleeping child, feel love, grab camera!

superjobee Wed 10-Aug-11 18:02:10

mrsterrypratchett im another with more albums of sleeping DD than awake grin

she still looks like a wee baby when she's asleep i pop in on her at least once a week to just go aaaaw at her blush

i have proud mummy moments when she's awake more than asleep tho more because she is pretty fantastic and im so proud of how she is turning out smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now