Talk

Advanced search

To hope he gets the sack..

(25 Posts)
sherbertdipdab Wed 10-Aug-11 14:21:28

Primary school worker caught looting

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8693162/London-riots-primary-school-worker-admits-burglary.html

I certainly wouldn't want him anywhere near my children.

GypsyMoth Wed 10-Aug-11 14:22:31

i think he'll be out of a job......has to be!

kittensliveupstairs Wed 10-Aug-11 14:24:58

Good to know that Adam A is such an upstanding citizen he was trundling along to the police station to hand in his Southern Comfort and lottery cards hmm
The primary school worker will be signing on soon I imagine.

GypsyMoth Wed 10-Aug-11 14:25:57

'theft by finding'.......not heard of that before!!

squeakytoy Wed 10-Aug-11 14:26:01

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPdQCuc7CZo

hopefully it hurt as he walked into a lampost coming out of court too smile

EdithWeston Wed 10-Aug-11 14:29:41

I've had conversations I wish I hadn't needed to this morning with my primary age DD about these outbreaks. She is both sad and somewhat bewildered at how people could do that. I wouldn't want a one of the perpetrators in her classroom.

EdithWeston Wed 10-Aug-11 16:31:16

It doesn't say in what capacity he works at the school. Anyone seen any other reports with more detail?

Also, as an aside, I was interested to see that instead of joining his "local" Battersea disturbances, he commuted to Croydon apparently to steal things there instead.

LineRunner Wed 10-Aug-11 16:32:56

It said Teaching Assistant on BBC, EdithWeston.

lifechanger Wed 10-Aug-11 16:39:04

There will be a few people cursing themselves for throwing away their livelihoods for a spur-of-the-moment greedy act of theft.

JaneBennet Wed 10-Aug-11 16:42:05

Surely he will be fired from his job?

EdithWeston, I've had my DS in tears this afternoon not quite understanding how many people are involved and what the consequences for us all are (whether directly effected by the riots or not). It's been a difficult afternoon for us so I can't imagine what it's like for all those who have lost homes or businesses as well as those who have discovered their child(ren) were involved.

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Wed 10-Aug-11 16:53:52

Given the Borough that the primary school is in, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this worker is remains in his present employment without censure or sanction.

mayorquimby Wed 10-Aug-11 16:56:18

Wasn't there a primary school teacher who pleaded guilty as well this morning?

DioneTheDiabolist Wed 10-Aug-11 16:57:43

What do you mean Izzy?

WhereYouLeftIt Wed 10-Aug-11 17:06:54

Just listened to the clip - he's 31? shock (Or as we used to say - old enough to know better.)

And if he 'commuted' asper EdithWston 's post, that suggests premeditation. What an arse.

AgentZigzag Wed 10-Aug-11 17:07:14

Arf at his girlfriend letting him walk into a lamp post grin

I want them to be prosecuted for what they've done, but I'm just galled at the cost of processing the twats.

If they lose their jobs then they'll be getting some of what they deserve.

AuntiePickleBottom Wed 10-Aug-11 17:13:34

yanbu, i hope he does.

Also any rioter who have cars or home they have bought they should be reprossed and the money given to those who have lost theres

tethersend Wed 10-Aug-11 17:17:41

You have to love the Telegraph... this morning there was an article by David Hughes snappily entitled Teacher is charged with looting- Why am I not surprised? which pretty much cited the cause of the riots as being teachers' refusal to stop stealing in schools. He traced the start of this evil malaise back to the very moment schoolchildren stopped keeping their stuff in desks and carried backpacks because teachers couldn't be bothered to look after their stuff. It was brilliant.

Bizarrely, now it turns out that the man involved wasn't actually a teacher, the article is no longer on the website. How odd.

fastweb Wed 10-Aug-11 17:18:23

i think he'll be out of a job......has to be!

I dunno, he has a previous conviction in 2004 for ..bollocks can't remember what it was now, criminal damage or similar.

It's in this link somewhere

Wasn't there a primary school teacher who pleaded guilty as well this morning?

that was this guy, but he is not a teacher, he is a learning mentor.

Hellishday Wed 10-Aug-11 18:16:27

He's from Stockwell Primary...or rather isn't any more.

Hellishday Wed 10-Aug-11 18:20:41

Just been on the school website..he's actually a learning mentor.
Well that's rich.
I expect his photo will be off the website smartish.

Birdsgottafly Wed 10-Aug-11 18:45:23

www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/.../england-riots-primary-croydon-burglary

Blu Wed 10-Aug-11 18:45:39

Why do you say that IzzyWhizzy?

Mishy1234 Wed 10-Aug-11 18:47:33

YANBU OP. I hope he's swiftly sacked too.

Nancy66 Wed 10-Aug-11 18:56:59

he'll have to be fired - i don't see how can keep his job

Blu Wed 10-Aug-11 19:00:19

Of course he will be fired.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now