Talk

Advanced search

To think that we have a depressingly lazy troll population?

(14 Posts)
evenlessnarkypuffin Wed 10-Aug-11 14:02:58

The recently deleted thread? I think we're supposed to be shocked. We obviously all have no experience of sex. Mass immaculate conception innit.

It totally fails to recognise the fact that, as a group, MNers are more likely to know what Dragon Butter is. (don't google)

If they really wanted to cause shock and outrage they should suggest they leave their baby in it's cot while they pop next door for a cuppa.

picnicbasketcase Wed 10-Aug-11 14:05:07

Aw, I didn't see the thread in question. Why was it deleted?

evenlessnarkypuffin Wed 10-Aug-11 14:06:56

Just a silly OP asking a non question with a sex reference and a joke name. It's more the inference that annoys me.

worraliberty Wed 10-Aug-11 14:07:48

Didn't see it

picnicbasketcase Wed 10-Aug-11 14:11:08

You mean along the lines of the 'DH wants to take me up the Oxo tower' thread? Maybe they saw that one (I think it's in Classics) and wanted to start a thread with loads of posts. Maybe someone being silly rather than trying to cause trouble? Although it is the summer holidays and the teens are probably bored...

LadyBeagleEyes Wed 10-Aug-11 14:13:26

It'll be a group of daft teens thinking they're shocking and funny I expect. A fail from me as a troll post and a "could do better" but at least it keeps them off the streets grin.

evenlessnarkypuffin Wed 10-Aug-11 14:14:52

It wasn't anywhere near as funny as the Oxo tower one. I just get annoyed when trolls assume we are prudes. It felt more like outside trolling than one of the tongue in cheek pirate sex type threads.

yoshiLunk Wed 10-Aug-11 14:15:08

<waits for some poor unsuspecting soul to google 'dragon butter'>

GypsyMoth Wed 10-Aug-11 14:16:21

they need to remember we are a majority of MOTHERS we have seen everything.......

PissesGlitter Wed 10-Aug-11 14:19:02

i have no idea what dragon butter is but on good advice i will refrain from google

i am a member of a few forums and not seen a 'good' troll for ages

picnicbasketcase Wed 10-Aug-11 14:20:12

As revolting definitions on Urban Dictionary go, dragon butter is by no means the most horrifying anyway. Compared to some of the stuff on there, it's positiviely charming. It's rather sweet to think of a group of teens giggling maniacally over the thought of making MNers gasp, clutch their pearls and go into a faint. They really don't know this site very well if that's what they think smile

AMumInScotland Wed 10-Aug-11 14:36:03

I think the problem is that teenage boys don't actually know that their mothers, and other people's mothers, are human beings with interesting and varied sex lives, or have any existence beyond telling them to get their haircut / moaning at them to revise. It's the self-absorption of the young!

candr Wed 10-Aug-11 15:05:42

I gave in and googled it - was a bit surprised as the definition came up without me clicking on anything - glad it wasn't the smart board in my classroom. I bet the teenagers using it would run away screaming at the thought of doing it!

PissesGlitter Wed 10-Aug-11 15:07:43

i am not brave enough to google
anyone care to share??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now