Talk

Advanced search

to return all the school uniform i bought from tesco 3 weeks ago and

(45 Posts)
HauntedLittleLunatic Wed 10-Aug-11 13:31:24

Buy it all again in their £15 bundle offer?

AuntieMonica Wed 10-Aug-11 13:33:26

only if you have the receipts.

they will only give you current prices without it

i think confused

kittensliveupstairs Wed 10-Aug-11 13:34:25

If you can get the original refund, of course you aren't.
I got DD a pair of shorts a couple of weeks ago. They didn't fit so we took them back last night. They had been reduced by 50% so I only ended up with £1.50.
I imagine Tesco can afford it if you have your receipt.

PonceyMcPonce Wed 10-Aug-11 13:34:59

yanbu
gits!

Assuming all the items you actually bought were in the bundle. Don't they sneak in the less nice stuff?

zukiecat Wed 10-Aug-11 13:36:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

farnywarny Wed 10-Aug-11 13:38:26

zukie your kids go back next tuesday??? OPurs dont go back till 6th september!

LordOfTheFlies Wed 10-Aug-11 13:39:43

Depends if you can get what you need when you go back.
I was in Tesco last week looking for a grey skirt for DD.They had loads of uniform but not what I was looking for( or rather- what I think is decent and wearable and what DD reckons is wearable)
Same with Asda- nothing in her size,grey and long enough.

M&S used to do the 3 for 2. This year was 20% off (so not such a bargain IRL) but I got what I needed for him.
Bought DDs school skirts in M&S and got a £5 off voucher.

altinkum Wed 10-Aug-11 13:41:16

altinkum Wed 10-Aug-11 13:42:09

HauntedLittleLunatic Wed 10-Aug-11 13:45:51

I was half saying it in jest and half saying it because I have to take quite a bit back because it doesn't fit.

Fwiw the bundle includes a coat (min price £16) which I still have to buy, so I will actually get the coat cheaper by buying the tops and skirts. But then I will have too many skirts/trousers so I may as well take some back - right?

BooyHoo Wed 10-Aug-11 13:48:34

why wouldn't you zukie if yould save a few £. i dontlike using cliches but it really does all add up.

LadyBeagleEyes Wed 10-Aug-11 13:48:38

Mine is back at school on Tuesday and my online order from M and S arrived yesterday, all too small as I misjudged the sizes.
I'll have to go into town tomorrow and get him to try things on, but at 16 and 6 foot it's really hard.
Will have to check men's smart trousers and shirts I think.

zukiecat Wed 10-Aug-11 13:50:06

kittensliveupstairs Wed 10-Aug-11 13:50:30

Yes, any money you can save is a bonus. I have only got DDs tie and three shirts so far. She will be the incredible bottomless girl if she doesn't get her finger out and agree to at least try some skirts on.
She wants trousers, which I have no problem with apart from, her height to waist measurement ratio is so skewed that in order to get them long enough, they will slither down or I"ll have to take the waists in.

zukiecat Wed 10-Aug-11 13:52:24

BooyHoo Wed 10-Aug-11 13:59:55

but if it saved you £16 then it's really worth it. you say you will be going without food sme nights this week. £16 would get you enough food for those missed meals. i dont understand not doing it. you would prefer to go hungry than make a trip back to the shop?

kittensliveupstairs Wed 10-Aug-11 14:02:28

zukie each to their own, but you are bonkers conkers. Why would you go without food when you could get enough money refunded to pay for a meal?

zukiecat Wed 10-Aug-11 14:04:20

kittensliveupstairs Wed 10-Aug-11 14:07:35

blush sorry about the bonkers conkers thing then, but can't you return them from being online <no idea how that online ordering thing works>

Groovee Wed 10-Aug-11 14:09:24

Tesco are horrific for returns which are faulty. My friend got a lot bought for her son's first birthday in the wrong sizes and they weren't very nice to her and when she enquired at another store she was told it was the policy but very staff dependant. Don't be surprised if they say no.

fuzzysnout Wed 10-Aug-11 14:16:44

Don't forget to factor in petrol costs or return bus fare unless tescos is walking distance.

AgentProvocateur Wed 10-Aug-11 14:18:16

LadyBeagleEyes, Burton is your answer for tall teenagers - slim-fitting black trousers in three lengths, starting at a 28" waist. They lasted a whole year too, which is more than the M&S trousers ever did.

BooyHoo Wed 10-Aug-11 14:20:58

ok, well that clarifies your position a bit. your first post implied that OP was strange for wanting to when in actual fact it was your own situation that made you not want to. without the background info, it wasn't clear why you felt like this.

LadyBeagleEyes Wed 10-Aug-11 14:25:54

Thanks Agent,
First stop Burtons tomorrow then smile.

zukiecat Wed 10-Aug-11 14:44:29

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now