Talk

Advanced search

Potty training.....

(7 Posts)
lilmissminx Wed 10-Aug-11 12:55:06

Disclaimer to bored board police, have tried correct board. No advice forthcoming
DS is just 18 months. He started using potty of his own accord, and is very good. He will take his nappy off, and go and wee in potty. The only problem is, he likes to see what he is doing! Therefore he will only go standing up. This occasionally leads to him leaving a log of poo behind him on the floor.
How can we persuade him to sit on the potty. Not in a rush to force it. But ideas to entice him to sit down would be appreciated.
He doesn't have a 'regular' time that he goes, but wondering if sitting him on the proper toilet sometimes might work? Any advice welcome grin

Witchofthenorth Wed 10-Aug-11 13:04:25

I would try and put him on the toilet, where he can have a good look at what is coming out grin

All of mine went straight to the toilet, but only my youngest took a fascination with what came out her bum hmm

It's worth a shot and saves you from being on log alert smile

lilmissminx Thu 11-Aug-11 16:12:42

thanks for taking the time to reply wine He's so enthusiastic I don't want to do anything to discourage him. smile

rushofbloodtothefeet Thu 11-Aug-11 16:15:48

Add some bribes for appropriate placement of logs in the potty

Also allow him a good look at the potty contents, and make a big ceremony of putting it in the loo and waving goodbye. Honestly the obsession will soon pass, you just have to get through it.

Sitting on the loo a good idea too - they can get up mid-flow then either grin

kittensliveupstairs Thu 11-Aug-11 17:38:09

My friends DS was so shocked when he did a wee and saw where it came from, he fell over and gave himself a black eye grin
I agree with the toilets, DD had a fine assortment of potties and special seat things, but she was only happy with her skinny arse dangling down the toilet.

AuntiePickleBottom Thu 11-Aug-11 18:35:58

go for the toilet smile

lilmissminx Sat 13-Aug-11 15:26:37

Fab advice grin Thank you all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now