Talk

Advanced search

To be surprised but extremely pleased

(10 Posts)
WhoahThere Wed 10-Aug-11 09:16:33

That DD has just eaten nearly a whole slice of toast! After a month of weaning hell stress, I'm so relieved.
Just left her to it while I pottered about making bread <stealth boast/smuggery> and 10 mins later following a thorough search of the surrounding area which unearthed very little wastage, I'm concluding it must have gone down!

Hoo-chuffing-ray.

molepom Wed 10-Aug-11 09:19:22

Usually the best way to deal with weaning and sometimes fussy or picky eating.

Put food in front of them, dont make it into a big deal and leave them to it.

I can understand your relief OP. Hope this continues.

queenmaeve Wed 10-Aug-11 09:22:52

My mil always says it does your heart good to see them eating.

StrandedBear Wed 10-Aug-11 09:51:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ImperialBlether Wed 10-Aug-11 09:55:59

<Waits for the moment when the OP lifts her child out of the highchair and finds a whole slice of toast stuck to the baby's bottom.>

WhoahThere Wed 10-Aug-11 09:56:14

Stranded it was smothered in Laughing Cow, yum yum!

WhoahThere Wed 10-Aug-11 09:59:21

Imperial it was clear down there, I was completely expecting that!

<blanches as realisation dawns that no check of inside miniwhoah's clothing has yet been carried out...>

BaronessBomburst Wed 10-Aug-11 10:00:12

grin at ImperialBlether.

DS ate everything in last night's vegetable bake, including the red peppers, cauliflower, and carrots. DH and I were stunned. Most vegetables get rejected, although he'll eat his own body weight in fruit. Mind you, it had so much chilli in he may not have realised what he was eating.

WhoahThere Wed 10-Aug-11 10:05:37

Baroness did DS feed himself veg bake, and if so with his hands? Haven't quite worked myself up to anything that messy yet.....

BaronessBomburst Thu 11-Aug-11 21:25:59

He eats most things with his hands, but will also feed himself with a spoon if it's scoop-able. So yoghurt, apple puree, mince in sauce/ bolognaise etc. He's 17 months and is quite a tidy eater. Food only gets on the floor if he's deliberately thrown it. We're lucky that he likes his food and so learnt where his mouth was very quickly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now