Talk

Advanced search

to re-pack DH's holiday wardrobe

(25 Posts)
Arion Tue 09-Aug-11 23:19:13

He's packed 14 pairs of socks for holiday, we're only going for a week FFS! shock

I've not even looked at how many t-shirts are in the pile. hmm

Need wine

HerRoyalNotness Tue 09-Aug-11 23:24:08

Take out everything except the socks and t-shirts and tell him there was no room for anything else.

YANBU grin

mumeeee Tue 09-Aug-11 23:29:35

He might need two pairs of socks a day, I know my DH often has to change his socks during the daym But I'm the one who takes moer t,shirts then he does, I think you should just leave him to it,

TrillianAstra Tue 09-Aug-11 23:30:03

If he's carrying his own suitcase (and it's within luggage allowances) then why is taking "too many" socks a problem?

What if he decided to repack your stuff as you were taking "too many" of something that you packed?

startail Tue 09-Aug-11 23:30:11

You have a DH capable of packing clothesenvy. Mine is brilliant at cameras, phones, battery chargers etc, but clothes are quite beyond him.

LolaRennt Wed 10-Aug-11 01:22:09

WHy do you care? Are you sharing a suitcase allowance? Either way YABU, if you are sharing explain he needs to cut down if not he's a grown up, presumably he feels he needs that many socks.

Arion Wed 10-Aug-11 02:39:18

I always get moaned at for packing too much for the dc but he is taking twice as much! He has packed 20 tops before for a week (14 t-shirts plus shirts).

Yes, I know he' a grown up but I'd like to fit some stuff in the car other than his stuff, and not be tripping over a huge bag of clothes that he won't even wear 1/2.

bagelmonkey Wed 10-Aug-11 03:36:16

My DH never packs enough pairs of underwear or tops. He's incapable of counting the days and packing at least that many. If I don't supervise or pack for him he starts talking about doing laundry 2 days into a holiday.

Arion Wed 10-Aug-11 06:46:11

Oh yes, we've had to run round looking for pants to buy for him before now as he hadn't packed enough! But we'll be fine for socks! wink

kittensliveupstairs Wed 10-Aug-11 07:50:24

DH took 7 pairs of shoes and a pair of motorbike boots on holiday once. Beat that.
I think he paniced when faced with the empty expanse of suitcase.
We were going to India for a fortnight.

Sewmuchtodo Wed 10-Aug-11 08:08:35

My DH never packs anything! When we arrive he always askes where is his 'this that and the other' and somehow thinks it will all be there (it normally is but thats besides the point).

CareyHunt Wed 10-Aug-11 08:17:11

envy that anybody's DH packs anything.

My DH seems entirely unaware that the job even needs doing. We went away camping for 4 days once and I asked what he wanted to bring. He honestly said 'I'll just wear the clothes I've got' (YUK).

Obviously I packed his stuff, and while we were camping he asked for a specific pair of socks, which I hadn't packed. He had a major sulk and said that it had 'ruined his holiday'. angry

Soups Wed 10-Aug-11 08:24:16

CareyHunt never pack his clothes ever again.

CareyHunt Wed 10-Aug-11 08:26:12

I know....it's just the shame of being seen in public with him.

FreudianSlipper Wed 10-Aug-11 08:27:15

you are not his mother

let him pack and carry his own case if he has too much or too little he will survive

have a good holiday it will not matter in a few days

traceybeaker Wed 10-Aug-11 08:34:36

What FREUDIANSLIPPER said.

Why on earth anyone would pack their oh suitcase is beyond me.

natandjacob Wed 10-Aug-11 08:39:18

YANBU. I agree he is an adult and should be capable of packing his own case....emphasis on the should! My DP packs his own clothes but I always have to pack everything else he might need for him or else he'd totally forget. I know its babying him but i cant stand the thought of him being away without his tooth brush!

Tracey I pack my DH's because he is normally at work up until we go and I'm not.
He preps the car, loads it, I do the packing.

bringmesunshine2009 Wed 10-Aug-11 08:45:25

DH said of our forthcoming trip to see his parents, "don't leave the packing too late".

I went off on one. Not DH's sodding mother. He can pack his own fucking suitcase. It is so demeaning to both parties. angry rant over.

Let him take his 7 socks or whatever. That'll learn 'im.

Cattleprod Wed 10-Aug-11 08:50:38

Are you going somewhere hot Arion? If so I'd be very concerned as it sounds like he might be contemplating wearing socks with sandals!!

In that case I'd definitely check his suitcase for other sartorial crimes - loud bermuda shorts, speedos, hanky tied at the corners, brown anorak, string vests etc.!

JaneBennet Wed 10-Aug-11 08:53:48

I don't pack for DH but wish he'd let me to the actual putting of things into the suitcase. He always says he's run out of room when I ask him to squeeze a few extra OXO cubes/Marmite/DVDs in; he's lying.

carabos Wed 10-Aug-11 10:06:27

We're going on holiday tomorrow - I have packed my things and have informed DH of this. I have not, and will not, pack a single item on his behalf. I can take what I like (and that includes two pairs of socks and two pairs of knickers for each day) and he can take what he likes. We will get everything we need for two people for 10 days into one bag. relax and enjoy your holiday. if he ends up with a dozen pairs of socks and nothing else, then that's tough on him isn't it? Have a great time.

mumeeee Wed 10-Aug-11 10:08:57

My DH always packs his own stuff. He might ask me to remind him about stuff he's forgotten,. before we actually go .
But he is very organised always prints out directions to where we are going and sorts out the travel money,

Arion Wed 10-Aug-11 15:46:16

Don't worry Cattleprod, this is a sandal and sock free zone! wink He's got trainer socks for if it's hot and he wears shorts and trainers, and black socks for if he wears trousers and shoes. We're off to Cornwall so not sure on the weather!

I'll leave him to it then and see how big the pile of unworn clothes is on our return! It'll give me some ammunition when he complains about the amount of stuff I take for the DCs. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now