Talk

Advanced search

To be ridiculously happy that a single player has beaten that knobhead CJ and his team on Eggheads?

(34 Posts)
MaureenMLove Tue 09-Aug-11 18:31:41

Oh, it's the simplest things, in an otherwise screwed up country, that makes me happy! grin

I'm so glad I switched the news over to catch Eggheads. CJ, particularly is such a dick. 5 girlies in their 20's have just taken £16k from them! One girl against all 5 of the Eggheads! CJ's face was a picture! grin

catgirl1976 Tue 09-Aug-11 18:32:20

Oh good. CJ gets right on my tits. He is so bloody smug,

NasalCoffeeEnema Tue 09-Aug-11 18:32:52

Oh lovely would have made me smile too. Shame I missed it. Well done them

carben Tue 09-Aug-11 18:36:22

He is a smug bastard but i kinda like him especially his weird and wonderful hairstyles. He takes all the piss-taking with good humour too !

diddl Tue 09-Aug-11 18:38:08

Oh good-but you mean CJ got through to the final part?grin

SaulGood Tue 09-Aug-11 18:40:32

I like CJ. His expression is one of 'oh please do you know who I am?' at all times. Such breathtaking arrogance is rather pleasing. And I like his shirts.

LineRunner Tue 09-Aug-11 18:41:42

CJ was banned from presenting chess prizes recently for wearing a 'Some people are gay. Get over it' tee-shirt.

Which makes him all right in my estimation.

Plus I met him once and he was really ok.

Monty27 Tue 09-Aug-11 18:45:31

Grrr missed it, I would have enjoyed that. I think they're all really smug gits.

Saul who is CJ anyway? I've always wondered that, serious question too. grin

DaveGrohlsgirl Tue 09-Aug-11 18:47:42

Not watched eggheads in ages............but this still made me smile!!
Thanks for some good news OP grin

foxinsocks Tue 09-Aug-11 18:49:19

Lol Maureen

Dh is now annoyed. I am home recovering from an op and we started watching and I made him turn it over as they were getting crucified! We can't believe they won!

diddl Tue 09-Aug-11 18:49:22

What I find annoying about him is that when one of the other team gets a question wrong, he always looks as if he knows the answer & they should have got it right.

BrainThrustMastery Tue 09-Aug-11 18:55:55

I hate the way CJ acts all Smuggy McSmuggerson and rolls his eyes when someone from the contenders dares to get a question wrong when he's just been told the answer from someone on his team hmm

BrainThrustMastery Tue 09-Aug-11 18:57:12

Sorry, diddl, didn't see your post, but I'm glad you feel similarly!

LineRunner Tue 09-Aug-11 18:58:03

Connor-Joseph de Nooie.

TidyDancer Tue 09-Aug-11 19:00:29

YANBU. I enjoyed this very much tonight! grin

whackamole Tue 09-Aug-11 19:03:59

YANBU. Which one is CJ though? The one I find insufferable is the old fella with the mutton chops.

diddl Tue 09-Aug-11 19:12:42

CJ

MaureenMLove Tue 09-Aug-11 19:15:37

Daphine is always happy in defeat and does congratulate, she's OK. I can't remember all their names tbh.

That old boy, who knows about trains is a bit of a bore.

What gets me, is that they are fabulous on history, geography etc, but give them a popular culture question and they're stuffed!

CJ has the kind of face, you want to slap with a wet kipper! grin

cocoachannel Tue 09-Aug-11 19:20:43

YANBU!! Love it- and a nice change of viewing from the rolling news:

iPlayer

vicks71 Tue 09-Aug-11 19:21:55

Look at the wikipedia page about him. The bit about how he acquired his name is very funny indeed!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CJ_de_Mooi

NemesisoftheVole Tue 09-Aug-11 19:23:30

There is a big annual quiz here for local professionals, very popular, good cause, yadda yadda. CJ came down and entered as a guest star hmm and won and didn't refuse the prize.

And then came again the next year and won again.

He didn't make any further guest appearances grin

reelingintheyears Tue 09-Aug-11 19:26:45

LineRunner Tue 09-Aug-11 18:41:42

I read that too....he's the president of the chess something or other and they didn't want him to wear the t shirt to present the prizes to the childrens winner.

So he said he'd either present both prizes or none.

They chose none.

Good for him.

MaureenMLove Tue 09-Aug-11 19:28:18

Oh that's hilarious Vicks! That has to be worth posting, to save people opening the link! grin]

Born Joseph Connagh, he took up the name De Mooi when he was modelling; he claims it means "the Handsome man" in Dutch, as he stated on Eggheads, although 'mooi' is actually the Dutch word for 'beautiful.

I'd still like to slap him in the Mooi!! grin

foxinsocks Tue 09-Aug-11 19:31:32

Lolol

Am watching on iplayer! How did she win getting the first question wrong lol

hairfullofsnakes Tue 09-Aug-11 19:41:24

He has that 'I can smell shit' expression

And a face you wanna slap! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now