Talk

Advanced search

Riots give the nasty racists an excuse to crawl out of the woodwork on facebook

(51 Posts)
electra Tue 09-Aug-11 14:43:46

On FB, I have seen loads of idiots posting stuff which tries to blame the race of a person for the rioting. Most of them don't even know the facts reported by the BBC. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

BustySinclair Tue 09-Aug-11 14:44:19

tbh the rioters are playing the race card as well

It's the same on Twitter. Even twats can access social media.

Thumbwitch Tue 09-Aug-11 14:49:28

Not just on social media - people commenting too. I had to point out, quite forcibly, that hoods and balaclavas were being used and that where faces were seen, it was easy to tell that they were from all sorts of racial backgrounds.

Pisses me RIGHT off.

Angel786 Tue 09-Aug-11 15:16:31

Someone (white) said to a (black) male colleague so you weren't out looting last night? I wonder if he said that to everyone he met this morning?!

Thumbwitch Tue 09-Aug-11 15:22:04

What a fucker, Angel! shock

BelleDameSansMerci Tue 09-Aug-11 15:24:16

I've been shocked by some things posted on FB... Really horrified.

GaramMasalaGirl Tue 09-Aug-11 15:29:14

I think the looters have united in a horrific display of multi-culturalism from the scenes I'v seen on the news. Black,White, Asian etc.....stupidity knows no colour.

Angel....that's awful shock

TheDailyWail Tue 09-Aug-11 15:32:44

It has nothing to do with race - predominantly White people looting in some areas, just happens ro be where they live.

PenguinArmy Tue 09-Aug-11 15:34:09

I just saw one about it being due to lax immigration laws

I normally just block and report, but I actually commented this time

TheDailyWail Tue 09-Aug-11 15:34:57

Argh! But meant to add...

I have seen people making these kind of racist remarks on FB who I didn't expect to have these kind of thoughts. Time for a defriending session methinks.

Awomancalledhorse Tue 09-Aug-11 15:36:56

'Best' facebook comment (seen on a group) is 'these scum all with hoodies & face coverings?? BAN THE BURKA'

confused

LithaR Tue 09-Aug-11 15:39:18

They can't blame it on muslims this time though, since its ramadam. Stupid people are stupid regardless of skin colour.

harassedandherbug Tue 09-Aug-11 15:40:24

I've commented on a couple of racist posts, but have de-friended several people.

Idiots!

electra Tue 09-Aug-11 15:51:10

For me it was comments on the status of others. Really annoys me - the comments I read were about the people involved not being British and describing people as 'coloured' (ugh!)

Is it ever possible to change the minds of bigots like this??

LolaRennt Tue 09-Aug-11 16:10:38

From one of my "friends" (Now deleted
thinks the idiotic rioters dont even no what they r rioting for - as they r all jobless bums they should have their benefits stopped until the damage costs r all paid bk as us taxpayers shouldnt have 2 foot the bill for their dumbasses! - Either get the army into to deal with them or ship them out to afghan to c how they cope - to all the ppl being interviewed saying the police dont support the black community, send them bk to their own country 2 c how they get treated there!!!

I've mostly seen white people doing all the rioting (not that is really relevant)and the black people who I have heard talking were definitly English. So...guess she plans on sending them back to England? hmm I always knew she was a fuckwit though.

LolaRennt Tue 09-Aug-11 16:12:26

i respond then give it a few minutes s they can hopefully read it before I delete them as friends as that deletes all your comments

StickyFloor Tue 09-Aug-11 16:18:47

BNP must be rubbing their hands with glee now - they wil campaign that this was all being done by those dodgy people who aren't really British (whatever the hell that means) and the stupid and easily led will believe them.

The racism implications are as terrifying as what is actually physically happening right now.

sockpoppet Tue 09-Aug-11 16:20:12

Ive unliked the support the met police page because of the right wing bollocks some people were spouting on there. I totally support the police, I don't think it means you have to be racist too.

LolaRennt Tue 09-Aug-11 16:21:42

exactly sticky the only thing worse than this would be the riots turning in to race riots,

cheekeymonkey Tue 09-Aug-11 16:27:25

Have you noticed on FB though that the racists who are so 'pro-english' actually are having a real problem with the spelling and grammar of the English language? confused

LolaRennt Tue 09-Aug-11 16:29:55

dnt get wht u r on bout cheekymonkey?!

mediawhore Tue 09-Aug-11 16:32:20

Have you noticed on FB though that the racists who are so 'pro-english' actually are having a real problem with the spelling and grammar of the English language?

I may actually steal this for my Fb status.

WiiUnfit Tue 09-Aug-11 16:34:59

I think the fact that race has been brought into this on both sides is pathetic. The rioters, who are from every racial background as far as I can see, are out rioting because they are fucking idiots, not because of 'social inequalities' or the police, or because they feel isolated, because they are greedy scumbags who were just waiting for an excuse to cause chaos & get a new pair of frigging trainers! angry

cheekey, during the World Cup last year I reported several posts on a fb page 'Don't ban the English flag' or something similar, the owner had got a bit carried away with the rumour that police were trying to ban fans hanging English flags up .etc (all bull obviously!) & there were hundreds of racist idiots spouting their venom. I think the worst one I saw was: "they showed all go bk 2 there own country" shock

Awomancalledhorse Tue 09-Aug-11 16:37:35

stickyfloor, BNP are having a field day on their website 'Join the party today, and make a stand against the war being waged against the indigenous people of our lands' (they leave out the 'by the indigenous people of our lands bit).

Really surprised no EDL numpties have started mouthing off!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now