Talk

Advanced search

to think, frankly, a panel of MNers might make a better job of running the country

(110 Posts)
anothermum92 Tue 09-Aug-11 14:20:44

Message withdrawn

belledechocchipcookie Tue 09-Aug-11 14:22:06

You can't blame the Government for the terrible behaviour of a minority of the public. hmm

GypsyMoth Tue 09-Aug-11 14:22:13

you think?

YABU

Far too much hysteria on here.

CaptainNancy Tue 09-Aug-11 14:23:38

Hmm... well bagsy being on a desk-job then, because I don't fancy being one of the officers on the streets thank you.

kat200 Tue 09-Aug-11 14:25:05

its not just in our country this is happening its all over

LynetteScavo Tue 09-Aug-11 14:25:28

You must be joking....have you seen how much dithering goes on around here? People can't decide for themselves what to cook for tea.

Birdsgottafly Tue 09-Aug-11 14:30:32

I agree to accept whatever job pays the most for as little as possible work, thanks very much grin

EdithWeston Tue 09-Aug-11 14:30:58

Depends on who was on the panel, of course.

<wonders if this will prove to be 'who is your fave MNer' thread by stealth>

OfflineFor30Years Tue 09-Aug-11 14:31:34

Would you exclude all public-school educated MNers too seeing as that's clearly an indication of uselessness?

worraliberty Tue 09-Aug-11 14:33:45

Oh for goodness sake I think some people are getting a little hysterical now grin

MrsSnaplegs Tue 09-Aug-11 14:39:07

Will there be wine or just brew?

I will only vounteer if there is winewink

MrsSnaplegs Tue 09-Aug-11 14:39:39

sorry - that should be volunteer clearly I need some more wine

anothermum92 Tue 09-Aug-11 14:39:41

Message withdrawn

GypsyMoth Tue 09-Aug-11 14:41:53

where is boris anyway....has he spoken yet? i could do with a laugh!

GypsyMoth Tue 09-Aug-11 14:42:28

oh look...here he is!!!!!!!!!!

Whatmeworry Tue 09-Aug-11 14:49:02

I think we'd have to stop the MN Feministas from shooting all the men, though they can shoot some of them just to keep them happy (I am a fair minded soul)

Whatmeworry Tue 09-Aug-11 14:50:06

*Feminists (though Feministas does have a ring to it IMO)

IQuiteLikeVodka Tue 09-Aug-11 14:50:44

no way!!!!!

spookshowangel Tue 09-Aug-11 14:53:14

i am really surprised that people think that the government has nothing to do with these riots.

exoticfruits Tue 09-Aug-11 15:02:03

No way! It always amuses me the way some people say 'what do MNetters think' as if there is some sort of collective voice. hmm

There will be views that are poles apart and everything inbetween. If it gets too heated personal insults will be exchanged and someone will flounce off in a huff!

I don't think that you can completely blame this government-it goes back years. Someone has to tackle the underclass and the disaffected who have no stake in society and the common good.
Lots of money needs to be spent early on, they can be spotted at birth-and it would save lots of money later on.

The looting is sheer greed-nothing more.

spookshowangel Tue 09-Aug-11 15:10:24

this government has really pissed people off, it has told the whole country that the poor and the problem that they have bleed the country dry, that they are scum, the same for people on disability etc throw in public sector cuts and people are angry and using any excuse to act out.
i was really not at all surprised to hear about the riots, i also dont think its just underclass black youths in gangs ( though you know the government will ride this angle and prob use it to make more cuts) which a lot of people are saying it is. its pissed off people caught up in mob mentality. dont get me wrong i am not condoning it but i am not overly surprised either.

exoticfruits Tue 09-Aug-11 15:12:51

Whatever the reason- there is no excuse-*absolutely no excuse* at all to put people's lives at risk and cause untold misery and mayhem. I hope that they are identified and given their just deserts.

ShellyBoobs Tue 09-Aug-11 22:26:47

exotocfruits - I totally agree with you.

I've come to understand that MN is very much anti-Tory, but to use the current troubles as justification for chucking the government out is pretty sick.

However much you disagree with the government's policies, calling for a change under these circumstances is tantamount to supporting the mindless thugs who are terrorising innocent communities.

squeakytoy Tue 09-Aug-11 22:32:10

I would like to see a proper poll facility on here smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now