Talk

Advanced search

..to return a bra I've worn?

(23 Posts)
gallicgirl Tue 09-Aug-11 11:14:47

I ordered a pack of 2 bras from Next which arrived yesterday. I tried one on and it appeared to fit so I removed the tags and put packaging in the recycling.

They were in the sale so only £10 but I guessed a bit at the size as only been measured once since DD was born six months ago.

It was pretty comfortable yesterday but by the evening, the wires were digging in a bit. It's the same this morning and I think I should have ordered a smaller cup size as the wire is quite uncomfortable.

Normally I wouldn't dream of returning anything I'd worn, particularly after a substantial amount of time but the bra did seem to be ok when I first tried it.

Should I just put up with it seeing as they were only £10 or should I return and swap for a different size?

(Alternatively should I use it as a sling shot should any potential rioters approach my property? grin )

HeidiKat Tue 09-Aug-11 11:16:13

You can try and return it but I seriously doubt they will accept it if you have removed the tags and binned the packaging, wash it and ebay it instead?

Pandemoniaa Tue 09-Aug-11 11:17:56

If you are really creative you could convert it to a flying helmet and use it as the basis for a fine steampunk pirate outfit.

Pandemoniaa Tue 09-Aug-11 11:18:57

Sorry that should read "airship pirate". Stick the bra on your head, bung some swimming goggles on it and BobsyerUncle. £10 well spent.

squeakytoy Tue 09-Aug-11 11:19:56

I doubt you can return underwear unless it is faulty.

gallicgirl Tue 09-Aug-11 11:20:15

The packaging is in the recycling so can fish it out. Obviously still got the dispatch note.

It's the slightly worn angle which I'm not sure about otherwise I would quite happily return it as it's not suitable.

halcyondays Tue 09-Aug-11 11:20:20

If you've taken the tags off they won't take it back anyway. So probably best to use it as a slingshot. Or you could try selling them on EBay, surprisingly even used bras seem to sell quite well, so if you say that one has been worn once and the other is brand new, they will probably sell.

halcyondays Tue 09-Aug-11 11:21:59

You can return bras,Squeaky, I've returned them before when they didn't fit, but I didn't take the tags off.

kittensliveupstairs Tue 09-Aug-11 11:24:21

Ewwww, used bras.
you've said yourself they were cheap, so, either donate them to the charity shop or ebay them.

joric Tue 09-Aug-11 11:24:51

Ok, so you return it and they accept it because they dont know you've worn it - it gets put back into stock and eventually sent out to someone else. Would you be happy to receive this item with your order?
I hope you are joking OP sad

MissPenteuth Tue 09-Aug-11 11:27:15

I wouldn't want to buy a bra that's been worn by someone else for a day tbh. The eBay suggestion makes sense, you can wash the one you've worn, and sell them as second hand. Or even sell the unworn one as new.

SomethingBlue Tue 09-Aug-11 11:29:51

Yuck! How can you think it would be ok for someone else to buy a 'new' bra you've been sweating into for a whole day?

SoupDragon Tue 09-Aug-11 11:31:55

would you be happy to buy a bra that someone had worn for a day and returned because they were too lazy to get measured for the right size?

moonstorm Tue 09-Aug-11 11:34:53

Ebay it YABU

gallicgirl Tue 09-Aug-11 11:40:18

They don't go back into stock, I don't think. They get sold as seconds/returns.

OK, ebay it is then. Thank you.

LDNmummy Tue 09-Aug-11 11:42:49

YADBU! I have a bra I haven't even worn before but accidentally bunged in with my washing. I am not returning it as I class that as used and unfair to the next person who would buy it, AND IT HAS NOT BEEN WORN, just accidentally washed.

gallicgirl Tue 09-Aug-11 11:45:21

I didn't want to wash for same reason but thought it was wrong to return a worn item too.

Guess I'll be making a trip to a bra fitter soon then. I just hate how they come up with different sizes or say yes, you're this size but we don't have that size so this will do as well.

ZillionChocolate Tue 09-Aug-11 11:51:26

You could just learn about bra fitting yourself, bravissimo have some guidance on their website. I never bother being fitted, you can go through the same trial and error process yourself.

YWBU to return a worn bra unless it was faulty.

What about donating them?
http://www.breasttalk.co.uk/bra-appeal/

Macaroona Tue 09-Aug-11 12:09:02

There's a brilliant thread in Style and Beauty about how to measure yourself. Basically you're probably a bigger cup size than you think.

Oh and YABU, but you know that!

rumpleteaser Tue 09-Aug-11 12:13:47

Try and return it. I had the same issue with a bra from Bravissimo once and they exchanged it for me. If they won't accept it then Ebay it!
You don't know til you try.

gallicgirl Tue 09-Aug-11 12:18:44

Thanks for the link QOP. I was wondering what to do with my maternity bras and that will do nicely.

Cleverything Tue 09-Aug-11 12:19:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now