Talk

Advanced search

Alex Jones

(20 Posts)

I have just seen that Alex Jones is about to sign a new £150k per year deal with the BBC which means she will be on TV 7 days per week! AIBU to want to throw my remote control through the TV every time I see or hear her on the telly!? Watching her is car crash TV as it's worst, she is truly truly awful.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 09-Aug-11 10:54:15

Who is Alex Jones? Not the former boy soprano, I take it?

mummytotwoboys Tue 09-Aug-11 10:55:35

the one show lady? she seems ok. Better than a lot of other BBC presenters anyway smile

Filibear Tue 09-Aug-11 10:55:53

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

auntmargaret Tue 09-Aug-11 10:56:36

I agree. I think she is awful, and clearly not very bright which is so obvious during her exchanges with some of her cleverer guests. Not that I`m jealous of the salary...mmm.

Her interview with Rod Stewart was toe curling awful. Surely the BBC can get someone better for their money...... My son is available for half that cost and at 3.5 I'm sure he'll do a better job.

Salmotrutta Tue 09-Aug-11 11:02:04

Marvellous - £170,000 a year. shock
The BEEB always does this - finds a "face" and then over-exposes them.
John Barrowman springs to mind [bleurgh].
I agree that she appears to struggle a bit to find something to say to more "intellectual" guests on The One show.
Her passing resemblance to Christine Bleakley probably had something to do with her getting that job.

MrsMatelot Tue 09-Aug-11 11:04:43

She is terrible. Pay me 20K a year & I would do a better job of presenting...Oh hang on I'm in my 40's slightly overweight and not as pretty as Alex!

Filibear Tue 09-Aug-11 11:09:58

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

hoolabombshell Tue 09-Aug-11 11:13:56

YANBU, she annoys the goddamned hell out of me. Her voice, her makeup, her wooden presenting style, her fake laugh... aghhhggrrrrhh! Cold, cold, cold.

I don't think she and the other One Show presenter have any chemistry at all, either. The pair of them just seem a bit nervous to me. He's quite sweet though.

notso Tue 09-Aug-11 11:17:00

It worked Filibear my Grandpa refuses to believe she is not Christine Bleakley, am considering writing to The One Show and asking them to do a feature on it.

I bet Alex Jones cannot believe her luck, she has at best the presenting skills of London on CBBC.

HappyAsIAm Tue 09-Aug-11 11:17:54

iz it becoz she is Welsh?

kittensliveupstairs Tue 09-Aug-11 11:21:15

I don't like her, but I am not keen on Christine Bleakley either.
TBH, I thought her salary would have been at least twice that already. Seems I am out of touch with telly presenters wages.

ellmum Tue 09-Aug-11 11:22:48

She makes my ears sting.

notso Tue 09-Aug-11 11:24:18

I think it's a shame that her and Steve Jones are the best Wales has to offer.

The Go Compare man was presenting a piece about the Eisteddfod the other day, he was really good, and seemed like a nice man.

Nothing to do with her being welsh, having the personality and intelligence of a fruit fly is more to do with it!

Salmotrutta Tue 09-Aug-11 11:26:03

Christine Bleakley was also very annoying - so they really are quite similar aren't they?

CurrySpice Tue 09-Aug-11 11:44:09

£150,000 doesn't seem very much does it? (Obviously it is a fucking massive amount in the real world, but not in the over-inflated cloud cuckoo land of celebrity salaries!)

AnyFucker Tue 09-Aug-11 11:54:52

Alex Jones is the most curiously old-fashioned-looking young woman

I find her well, rather odd

£150k for being talentless though!?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now