Talk

Advanced search

not to take my DD out on day trip after she was sick this morning?

(9 Posts)
feistywife Tue 09-Aug-11 10:09:03

DH seems to think so. Probably 'cos we got her up, she was sick (mucous, think she has a cold virus) but subsequently seemed right as rain. We were supposed to be taking her and DS to one of those petting farm park places with another mum and her two children (same ages: two and four). If I was other mum I wouldn't have appreciated me bring potentially germ infested urchin, but then maybe that's just me. Also didn't fancy dealing with sick filled carseat or worrying about her while there. So DH and DS have gone by themselves, after much crossness and mutual flouncing.
WWYD?!

Beepazoid Tue 09-Aug-11 10:12:45

I agree with you feistywife; if your little lady is feeling a tad below par she might be more prone to pick up an infection and farm animals aren't always the most hygenic of creatures, are they?

So you may now feel smug and vindicated (cos i agreed with you!). smile

Danthe4th Tue 09-Aug-11 10:15:24

I would have left dh and sick child at home and gone myself, or left it till later in the day, rang up friend and told her what was going on and see how sick child is an hour after breakfast.

Zimm Tue 09-Aug-11 10:22:43

I'd have asked friend if she wanted to risk exposure. I wouldn't worry about farm animal infections - hand washing is all that is needed.

feistywife Tue 09-Aug-11 10:54:01

Thanks folks- now feel like flouncing was entirely justified, as wasn't able to leave later to get there as needed to be back shortly after lunch. Not too worried about farm animals as figured can't be worse than room full of other toddlers can it?! (Alright, maybe E.coli)
Speaking of said toddler, she's currently making me look bad by wolfing two pieces jammy toast in quick succession... might avoid telling DH that tho... wink

LIZS Tue 09-Aug-11 10:58:49

Sounds sensible to me . dd (9) is prone to the same and although I now send her to school if that is the obvious cause and she has subsequently kept something down, it can hurt and make them more reluctant to eat again.

youarekidding Tue 09-Aug-11 11:01:49

YANBU, I would imagine you'd rather be at the petting farm so hardly a decision you take lightly?

feistywife Tue 09-Aug-11 11:09:04

Dead right YAK- I was looking forward to playing with fluffy baby chicks...

Mishy1234 Tue 09-Aug-11 11:30:55

YANBU. I usually go with the at least 24h after the last vomiting episode rule. There's no way of telling how these things will progress (or not!). DS1 was violently sick on sunday afternoon, but was completely fine afterwards. I kept him home and away from other children for at least 24h afterwards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now