Talk

Advanced search

to make this journey?

(7 Posts)
ryman78 Tue 09-Aug-11 07:24:14

The dc and I have been invited down to see my brother who lives 90 miles away. Not wanting to encroach too much on family time I said we would go for a day. Part of the reason I am going is because my nephew will be there too.
Dh is clearly not impressed as I am off on holiday with brother at weekend so thinks its odd I am visiting today. Explained nice for dc to see cousin. As he left for work his parting comment to dc was "enjoy your day in the car"
AIBU

kittensliveupstairs Tue 09-Aug-11 07:27:57

Of course YANBU. What you choose to do is your business. I think your DH is jealous.
Enjoy your day.

sunnydelight Tue 09-Aug-11 07:28:34

If you're happy to drive and the kids are at an age where they won't whine I don't see the problem. Two hours each way would be my personal max for a day trip but it's really up to you.

downtothesea Tue 09-Aug-11 07:32:31

might not be unreasonable but probably seems odd - 4 hours driving for a nephew and a brother you're going on hols with at the weekend - probably wonders if you're having an affair

ryman78 Tue 09-Aug-11 07:38:42

Journey is virtually door to door a roads. Normally takes about 11/2 to 1 3/4 each way. Nephew lives about 3 hours away so dc only normally seem him for wedding/wakes etc.

mummytotwoboys Tue 09-Aug-11 10:49:10

YANBU - kids love their cousins and you will enjoy your few hours with them. your DH sounds a bit unfair as this wont affect him in any way. What are you supposed to do all day, sit waiting for him to come home?

ryman78 Tue 09-Aug-11 20:53:03

Thank you to those who replied. We all had a lovely day. Think (d)h was peeved because he would have have preferred me to stay home and catch up with housework.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now