Talk

Advanced search

Support the emergency services.

(31 Posts)
debivamp Tue 09-Aug-11 02:29:45

Let’s show the police forces, fire service and paramedics we support them and are thinking of them putting their lives at risk whilst these animals are running loose! Finally thanks to all those hard working people like me who are paying for the destruction they are causing through our taxes.

DaisyDaresYOU Tue 09-Aug-11 02:40:12

I'm scared now tbh as they have spread to Liverpool,Leeds,Bristol,Manchester.I cant sleep I feel sick that they are next to where I live and spreading further and further.I just hope they do not come over here

DaisyDaresYOU Tue 09-Aug-11 02:41:52

Apparently we havent got many police here.I hope dp is over exagerating

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Tue 09-Aug-11 02:41:53

The scum that are causing havoc and mayhem in city streets are not animals. Animals do not commit arson and loot shops.

As for showing the emergency services that they have the support of right-minded people, how do you propose we do that OP?

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Tue 09-Aug-11 02:42:49

Over where, Daisy?

DaisyDaresYOU Tue 09-Aug-11 02:47:29

I wouldn't want to say izzy.I'm a bit paranoid at the moment.I live next to a city,so hopefully they won't come here

debivamp Tue 09-Aug-11 02:50:16

I am sure either some or members of their families visit MN.

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Tue 09-Aug-11 02:54:42

Is it a city that is currently being affected by lawless scum?

DaisyDaresYOU Tue 09-Aug-11 03:00:26

What is wrong with these people.They are wrecking innocent peoples livelyhoods.Our coutry has gone to the dogs.What a sad state

DaisyDaresYOU Tue 09-Aug-11 03:02:44

Do we even know if any ones died yet? Those poor people sad

kittensliveupstairs Tue 09-Aug-11 06:53:16

Daisy, I hestitate to say this, but what is your agenda? How can we support the emergency services? I have to say, I am very relieved that it doesn't seem to have affected our area, but would qualify that with. Yet.

EdithWeston Tue 09-Aug-11 07:01:17

This rather nice thread from last night shows the views of a fair number of MNers.

DaisyDaresYOU Tue 09-Aug-11 10:20:06

No agenda.Just shcked that its spread so far especially near to me.Been worried about it since seeing it on the news yesterday evening

DaisyDaresYOU Tue 09-Aug-11 10:43:04

Loads of people are worried.I don't see how me worrying makes me have an agenda.I've been on here for ages.Not moaning smile Hope police,firecrew and ambulance crew stay save.Must be awful for them.

BustySinclair Tue 09-Aug-11 10:44:12

im worried now, OH has just been put on standby to be deployed into London sad

mummytotwoboys Tue 09-Aug-11 10:46:22

there is a facebook page about supporting the met. ive joined that.

Im worried as my DH works in London - does anyone know if anything is going on around Tower Bridge area (dont know London very well so dont have a clue really) sad

DaisyDaresYOU Tue 09-Aug-11 10:52:49

I've joined that aswell.I'm not sure mummyof2boys.Have you got a twitter account?i found out about my city through people trending about helicopters going over their houses etc.The news took ages to report it

mummytotwoboys Tue 09-Aug-11 10:57:26

I havent, i just keep googling smile

squeakytoy Tue 09-Aug-11 11:01:41

My husband doesnt work for the emergency services, but part of his job is a contract to certain companies for maintenance. We are in London and today his work is mainly boarding up windows, clearing glass and making things secure. It is worrying for me that he is in those areas, and I just hope that nothing kicks off during the day. (not that I want it to kick off at anytime obviously).

kittensliveupstairs Tue 09-Aug-11 11:18:47

Apologies, I am clearly a bit over sensitive at the moment due to DDs sexual harrasment by a nine year old.
Obviously I support the emergency services 100% and hope they all keep safe.
It is incredible to me what is happening.
DD and I were on a bus this morning, she picked up a copy of the free newspaper and started worrying that the looters and rioters were in our town.
Once we got to the centre where she is doing her sports thing she made the organiser promise to phone me if the naughty men turned up there.

DaisyDaresYOU Tue 09-Aug-11 11:28:01

Oh no sorry to about your dd.That sounds awful.

The rioting is awful,i was so worried about them coming here because i'm so close to the city.Hence the reason i'm paranoid to say what city.

BalloonSlayer Tue 09-Aug-11 11:30:58

Support the emergency services . . . by joining a Facebook page?

Gimme fucking strength

Expect the lads are really relieved and grateful for that

kittensliveupstairs Tue 09-Aug-11 11:41:02

I thought it was only me whose mind worked that way balloonslayer. I am not on FB but doubt me pressing like would buoy the 999ers in any way.
Daisy, I mean this in the nicest way, do you honestly think that naming your city would make the rioters come to pillage?

squeakytoy Tue 09-Aug-11 11:55:29

Daisy, this is an anonymous chatboard, the rioters are very very unlikely to be reading Mumsnet.. smile

DaisyDaresYOU Tue 09-Aug-11 12:06:23

Lol I said I was paranoid wink I am a natural born worrier,it does my head in sometimes grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now