Talk

Advanced search

to just wanna talk on here for a while and try to ignore

(114 Posts)
TheLadyEvenstar Mon 08-Aug-11 22:56:36

the sirens going past my window?

I am frightened. I was fine when my boys were awake now I am panicking.

ZillionChocolate Mon 08-Aug-11 22:57:44

:-( Perhaps you could start a really controversial thread for distraction?

TheLadyEvenstar Mon 08-Aug-11 22:58:37

been police and ambulances in my street, my local I go to at a weekend has been looted sad shops been on fire, a bus, a while ago 3 groups congregated downstairs smashing bottles etc while wearing halloween masks and then went heading off down the main road.

TheLadyEvenstar Mon 08-Aug-11 22:59:11

Zillion I wish I could think of something else!!

hellospoon Mon 08-Aug-11 22:59:13

Where abouts are you lady?

Are your doors locked? Curtains closed?

Keep your lights on if you can. I havnt seen on the news that houses are being attacked just shops.

hellospoon Mon 08-Aug-11 22:59:13

Where abouts are you lady?

Are your doors locked? Curtains closed?

Keep your lights on if you can. I havnt seen on the news that houses are being attacked just shops.

TheLadyEvenstar Mon 08-Aug-11 22:59:52

I have had enough My 3yr old should not have gone to bed begging me to shut the windows so "the bad man doesn't get me".

Now that the kids are in bed panic has set in with me.

I am angry - oh hang on thats the fuking excuse these bastards are using - hmm wonder how they would feel if I did the same to their homes as what is happening to peoples businesses.

cheesesarnie Mon 08-Aug-11 22:59:55

yanbu.im not in london but plenty of my family are.i cant imagine how scary it must be.

what shall we chat about?

worraliberty Mon 08-Aug-11 23:00:14

Unless you live in a Town Centre or above a shop, what are you worried about?

I feel more sorry for the poor people fleeing burning/smoked out homes with young children and pets...straight out on to the streets into the middle of a riot.

StormInaCCup Mon 08-Aug-11 23:00:32

Where are you Lady? I hope you're not too close to the 'action.' It's really frightening how the unrest seems to be spreading beyond the capital. I'm oop naarth but I really feel for those stuck in the middle of all this hideousness.

GypsyMoth Mon 08-Aug-11 23:02:25

tle is in peckham i believe!

hellospoon Mon 08-Aug-11 23:02:35

Worral, have some compassion. I would be shitting myself if I lived near all this!

Op, are u in a house or flat?

Talk to us about anything you want.

hellospoon Mon 08-Aug-11 23:02:36

Worral, have some compassion. I would be shitting myself if I lived near all this!

Op, are u in a house or flat?

Talk to us about anything you want.

ZillionChocolate Mon 08-Aug-11 23:03:36

Perhaps you're trying to be reassuring worraliberty but your post doesn't sound very supportive hmm

TheLadyEvenstar Mon 08-Aug-11 23:04:17

ILT yes I am.

It is frightening the amount of police whizzing up my road. I live on the edge of old kent road as in one side of my block is on the OKR one side isn't iyswim?

Yes I feel sorry for everyone I am just angry that DS2 was so afraid

worraliberty Mon 08-Aug-11 23:04:19

I have compassion hellospoon

My own town centre is burning and being looted as I type...as are the two surrounding town centres.

If you live in a residential street, really there is nothing to worry about.

squeakytoy Mon 08-Aug-11 23:06:18

Why is your 3yr old scared of bad men coming to get him?

Jajas Mon 08-Aug-11 23:06:32

That's easy to say, how do you know there is nothing to worry about? I would be scared and feel for anyone near the trouble spots.

ZillionChocolate Mon 08-Aug-11 23:08:24

I know that there's no point worrying, you can't do anything really to control opther people. If you're taking sensible precautions, then you should try not to panic.

paulapantsdown Mon 08-Aug-11 23:09:44

well OP, I am frightened too, am 20 miles away to the west, so I really feel for you

is there any way you can get out safely and get further away? if not, then please try to keep calm and not worry

hellospoon Mon 08-Aug-11 23:10:15

If the op lives above a shop on a high street then you have scared the shit out of her worral.

Op how old are your children? <Tries to distract op>

hellospoon Mon 08-Aug-11 23:10:15

If the op lives above a shop on a high street then you have scared the shit out of her worral.

hellospoon Mon 08-Aug-11 23:10:19

GypsyMoth Mon 08-Aug-11 23:10:23

times like this that a LONE PARENT may need to turn somewhere for support.

feel for you TLE,but its unlikely they will be interested in residential premises

WhackadoodleDandy Mon 08-Aug-11 23:11:30

TLE I would be absolutely petrified too. Its just so unreal that you would be weird to not be frightened.

Can you sleep in with your boys later on when its quietened down a bit?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now