Talk

Advanced search

to think a Nicorette spray should be easy to open ??

(17 Posts)
Tillyscoutsmum Mon 08-Aug-11 15:19:54

So, today I have stopped smoking. I don't smoke massive amounts - maybe 2 or 3 in the day and then another 4-5 once the dc's are in bed at night. I have stopped before when pg/feeding etc but have always gone back to it. So this time, we have bought some Nicorette sprays that we can use if we're really desperate.

I was ok until about 2 pm today. I found myself getting far too cross with the dc's (they are being a nightmare - school hols etc. - but I know I was over reacting to it) so I decided to try a squirt of the Nicorette. Do you think I could get into the bloody thing ? You have to push a button down a bit, then in a bit, then slide it up. None of which I could do. I was feeling a bit tetchy when I started trying to get into the thing - by the time I'd fucked about with it for 10 mins and was still unable to operate it, I was absolutely incandescent with rage. Seriously, why can't they make it easier !!!???

I am honestly thinking giving up in the school holidays is a really bad idea sad angry. I genuinely don't think I can do it sad

worraliberty Mon 08-Aug-11 15:22:07

I suppose it's so children can't open it?

Perhaps wait til you're less stressed and then work it out.

Good luck smile

usualsuspect Mon 08-Aug-11 15:23:47

I bet you needed a fag after all that stress grin

SarahStratton Mon 08-Aug-11 15:23:47

Err YABU. Nicotine overdose is not a good thing for children.

SarahStratton Mon 08-Aug-11 15:25:23

Or adults, obviously. But they tend to be able to read labels.

timidviper Mon 08-Aug-11 15:27:07

I went on a training course to learn to deliver Smoking Cessation sessions and most of the HCPs on the course couldn't open them either at first!

Once you learn how to do it, it's fine but it is hard to do at first. Also make sure it's puffing out in a fine spray before you use it rather than shooting in a squirt as it feels like it's burning your mouth off if not!

Good luck with giving up. The odds are good if you put your mind to it and get all the help you can from your GPs or local Stop Smoking services.

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 08-Aug-11 15:28:03

I don't leave my cigarettes in reach of the children and I certainly wouldn't leave a nicotine spray in reach of them. usualsuspect I would kill for one. In fact, I could just kill indiscriminantly at the moment

LadyBeagleEyes Mon 08-Aug-11 15:28:39

And I bet you just wanted a fag after that OP.
I used the patches when I tried to stop smoking, and kept losing the scissors to snip them open. I was in a hotel one morning and had to go downstairs to borrow scissors as I hadn't brought any, there's no other way of opening them.
As if I wasn't grumpy enough not having a fag, it used to seriously raise my blood pressure.

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 08-Aug-11 15:28:55

timidviper - its good to know I'm not just being totally stupid !

SarahStratton Mon 08-Aug-11 15:30:54

I'm sure you wouldn't Tilly, but not everyone is as sensible as you. I feel your pain, sort of. I know what my DSis went through when she gave up.

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 08-Aug-11 15:53:09

Thanks smile It is just so hard <<sobs>> and I am just so weak and rubbish angry

SarahStratton Mon 08-Aug-11 15:54:11

Get it open, leave it open on a high shelf. And good luck smile

TrillianAstra Mon 08-Aug-11 15:57:43

YANBU - someone in nicotine withdrawal may have shaky hands and rage and need to get to their hit fast! grin

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 08-Aug-11 18:44:24

Well, I've caved today sad Had a fag, managed to get the sodding thing open (eventually) and have left it open and on top of the book shelf ready for another go tomorrow.

Wish me luck !

thatsenough Mon 08-Aug-11 20:23:22

I've had three returned as faulty so far, when there is nothing wrong with them! It took me and a member of staff to get the first one working and that was after a demo from a rep - it's easy once you get the hang of it - good luck!

QueenStromba Mon 08-Aug-11 21:13:02

Just sit there practicing getting it open for a bit, I've had one for about a week now and I can get it open without even having to think about it.

Tillyscoutsmum Mon 08-Aug-11 21:26:42

Will do QueenStromba. At least it gives me something to do with my hands grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now