Advanced search

To invite one child to play but not the other.

(11 Posts)
nojustificationneeded Sun 07-Aug-11 22:46:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

joric Sun 07-Aug-11 22:51:44

Ask friend if her DD can come over for some girly time with your DD - say that DD is desperate to play x y z with someone and that she would love it if friend's DD could come (?)

worraliberty Sun 07-Aug-11 22:55:41

I don't see the problem

The boy might enjoy one on one time with his Mum without his sister at home.

Either way, they are two seperate people and should be treated as such.

pigletmania Sun 07-Aug-11 22:58:52

That's fine, like other poster has said say to the mum that dd would like your dd to come to play and do some girlie things together.

nojustificationneeded Sun 07-Aug-11 22:59:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pigletmania Sun 07-Aug-11 22:59:53

They are not joined at the hip, and using the girlie excuse is fine.

JustFiveMinutesHAHAHA Sun 07-Aug-11 23:00:37

Well it's time someone didn't and that someone might as well be you if it's what your DD wants smile

He'll get over it and will get invites of his own.

pigletmania Sun 07-Aug-11 23:00:44

I am sure your friend will be fine with it.

worraliberty Sun 07-Aug-11 23:00:53

I think it'll probably do them some good to be invited to seperate things.

I would go with the 'girlie' excuse too.

pingu2209 Sun 07-Aug-11 23:21:04

As someone who has 2 boys close in age, I really like it when only 1 is invited as it makes the one who is invited feel really special.

My friend with twins likes it when only 1 of hers are invited too.

I wouldn't worry about only inviting the girl.

nojustificationneeded Sun 07-Aug-11 23:49:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now