Talk

Advanced search

to think that our living room carpet should not be green???

(16 Posts)
cotswolder Sun 07-Aug-11 21:01:21

ok.

Hubby is rather addicted to golf. Tonight he has semi seriously suggested (while using a putting practice thing on the floor whilst also watching the golf on sky sports) that we should change our living room carpet (currently cream) for a green one to match the golf course.

AIBU to say say no???

In all seriousness since having DD 7 months ago there has been a fair amount of golf played and I am feeling a little peed off!

NickRobinsonsloveslave Sun 07-Aug-11 21:12:52

Don't talk to me about fecking golf. It's been on all bloody day and I want to watch Law and bloody Order.

TrillianAstra Sun 07-Aug-11 21:25:32

That's not a good reason to choose a carpet colour but there's nothing wrong with green carpet

pointythings Sun 07-Aug-11 21:27:29

I think given that your DC is 7 months and will be spending a lot of time on said carpet, it should be babysick orange. Possibly with a green crazy golf print to keep your DH happy. But you will all need to wear sunglasses permanently.

poppikins2 Sun 07-Aug-11 21:33:22

DH has a golf room play room where he keeps all his golf stuff crap and the carpet is green. Wouldn't have it in the living room. YANBU

cotswolder Sun 07-Aug-11 21:38:39

Nick - I'd just be happy to watch anything bar golf (am on here instead smile )

Trillian - just wouldn't match rest of the house and it would be a permanent reminder of fecking golf!

Pointythings - cheers for that! DD isn't really a sicky baby thank god but there is always time..............

NickRobinsonsloveslave Sun 07-Aug-11 21:46:50

cotswalder, how long have you been in the Golf Widows Club?

NickRobinsonsloveslave Sun 07-Aug-11 21:47:20

sorry cotswolder!

cotswolder Sun 07-Aug-11 21:51:41

is there one?

If I'm honest I'm only jealous as used to play but have had to give up for now due to pregnancy, DD etc. DH however seems to be playing enough for both of us. He knows it and knows he is taking the piss at times as well.

Just really bugged me tonight!

NickRobinsonsloveslave Sun 07-Aug-11 21:56:36

Okay, joking over. This seems to be more about the age old problem of your Dh having more free time than you do than actual golf.

I have actually left my marriage because of this ....DH living the same life as pre children whilst I sacrifice all to allow him to do this.

If you want to save your marriage you need to talk to him about this or you will end up like me, another statistic.

cotswolder Sun 07-Aug-11 22:03:40

ohhhh not that bad at the moment and he knows he is doing it which is better than not realising at all! but perhaps this is telling me its time to get out and create a better balance now that DD is 7 months. x

pointythings Sun 07-Aug-11 22:09:56

I agree with NRsloveslave - you do need to start setting boundaries. You are both parents, not just you, and he does not get to swan off for his golf game as usual whilst you have to stay at home. DH and I both do field archery, and when the DDs were very little (under 1 yr) we used to take turns shooting so that we would each have a shoot every other month. It isn't rocket science. Of course the logistics weren't quite the same as field archery is very informal and we just brought the DDs along (in slings at first, then in cross country prams) so no-one was stuck at home, but the principle remains the same.

blackeyedsusan Sun 07-Aug-11 22:16:49

sage green is nice for carpets but grss green is a bit... err more unusual.

tell him that he is so bad at golf that he has landed in the cream coloured bunker sand... grin

ScaredyDog Sun 07-Aug-11 22:26:42

Green carpet is only slightly better than blue carpet (yes, I'm carpetist).

audreyroberts Sun 07-Aug-11 22:43:30

Not read anything other than the opening line, as so traumatised by ;green. We moved into this house and EVERY wall was mint green and every floor other than the box room was bottle green, The box room was olive green. The kitchen had white units and green tiles. The bathroom was avacado with biege tiles.

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Sun 07-Aug-11 22:59:20

Buy him a length of astroturf for Christmas grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now