Talk

Advanced search

In thinking my mobile company are being muppets?

(6 Posts)
Sarsaparilllla Sun 07-Aug-11 17:04:43

I'm so irritated! I left my old job last week where I'd had a company mobile, they gave me the PAC code for the number so I could keep it.

I had a spare phone at home so got a pay as you go sim from the same network (I want to get a contract eventually but don't want to bother with it right now)

I just called them to swap my number over and they reckon they can't do it because it's the same network confused but surely if you get a new phone with the same network that's exactly what they do?

I'd rather stay with them tbh because DP is with them - surely they're being daft?

AIBU to think if I ring them again tomorrow in normal office hours and see if I can get a more sensible answer?

Tee2072 Sun 07-Aug-11 17:08:41

Yeah. That makes no sense. What do they do if someone's SIM breaks or something?!?!

I would definitely ring tomorrow.

bananasplitz Sun 07-Aug-11 17:11:00

no cant do it on same network

SuchProspects Sun 07-Aug-11 17:13:11

I had my number swapped from one sim to another with O2. It was unreasonably complicated but they did it happily. Definitely try ringing in the week - Sundays are probably not staffed by as many senior/long time people as week days.

bruffin Sun 07-Aug-11 17:13:23

"but surely if you get a new phone with the same network that's exactly what they do? "

No not necesarily, you just swap your sim card over. When I had a phone stolen so lost my Sim they just sent me a new sim card with the same number.

Sarsaparilllla Sun 07-Aug-11 17:13:40

Surely they want to keep the business though? I said to the woman I want to stay with them and she's telling me I have to go with another provider, how ridiculous

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now