Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To invite just one twin to DD's birthday party.

(6 Posts)
NoseyNooNoo Sun 07-Aug-11 13:32:26

DD is having her 5th birthday party. She wants one of a set of twins to come. She has not said she doesn't want the other one but hasn't expressed that she does. We're trying to keep numbers down.

The twin she wants is a girl, the twin she doesn't is a boy. The boy is the one in her class at school, the girl is in the other class.

On a practical level, their nanny seems to in charge of them 7 days a week although the mum only works weekdays (don't know about the dad) and they live 2 bus rides away.

I think I read on here once that parents of twins appreciated it when just one was invited.

What should I do?

Tortoise Sun 07-Aug-11 13:35:33

DD2 invited the girl twin to her party. She wasn't friends with the boy twin so didn't invite him.

Nanny0gg Sun 07-Aug-11 13:36:15

If you're not inviting the rest of her class or all the other boys, then I don't see it a problem.
The distance might be difficult but that's up to them.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sun 07-Aug-11 13:37:30

They're getting to an age where the parents are going to have to expect their children having different sets of friends.

NoseyNooNoo Sun 07-Aug-11 13:43:28

Thank you for being quickly unanimous. I've just written out the invitation for one child!

pjmama Sun 07-Aug-11 13:46:14

I have boy/girl twins. Wouldn't bother me in the slightest if only one got an invite.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now