Talk

Advanced search

To ask a question about your handbag

(56 Posts)
MrsKravitz Sun 07-Aug-11 09:07:28

No, not whats in it but where do you keep it (and address please)...

No seriously, do you have a place for yours or do you take it to your bedroom or what? This has been a source of confusion for me as mine always seems to be lying around or plonked on the kitchen table. Ive always wondered if people had a specila place for theirs or if they also just plonk theirs somewhere....

evaangel Sun 07-Aug-11 09:09:15

No, mine is plonked anywhere, hence why I rush around looking for it ( my whole life is in there)

BatmanLovesRobin Sun 07-Aug-11 09:09:44

Plonked on the side in the kitchen / floor by the sofa / hanging on coat pegs.

After reading your OP I really want a special pedestal for it now grin

EdwardorEricCantDecide Sun 07-Aug-11 09:11:38

The one I'm using currently is generally lady anywhere usually down the side of the sofa.
I have shelves in my bedroom where I keep my handbags so they go there when not in use.

keynesian Sun 07-Aug-11 09:12:52

I've got an old fashioned tea trolley where clean hand and tea towels are kept. My handbag lives on top of that.

baabaapinksheep Sun 07-Aug-11 09:14:14

Mine get hung with the coats on a peg, if it was anywhere else the DC would constantly be taking the contents out.

BelleDameSansMerci Sun 07-Aug-11 09:14:25

I have about four kicking about in my office - I use a different one for work/home so have some around for easy transfer of stuff. The one in use, though, just gets dumped wherever I put it when I get in. Kitchen table usually.

youarekidding Sun 07-Aug-11 09:19:24

hangs on the door handle of cloakroom in the hallway. It has my DS epi-pens etc in it so tend to leave it there so I know where it is if needed, and if I took them out and put bag away I'd probably forget them. grin

BulletWithAName Sun 07-Aug-11 09:25:40

Mine are generally shoved into the bottom of the wardrobe, I change according to my outfit.

EuphemiaMcGonagall Sun 07-Aug-11 09:29:17

Plonked on the shoe chest thingy that sits underneath the coat pegs.

EuphemiaMcGonagall Sun 07-Aug-11 09:30:23

Spare handbags hang in the wardrobe on one of those handbag hangers with the velcroed strips on them.

kittensliveupstairs Sun 07-Aug-11 09:30:52

Hanging off the front door normally, or on the kitchen table.

CocoPopsAddict Sun 07-Aug-11 09:39:07

Usually sits in the pushchair when not being used. Means I can find it easily on my way out!

FlyMeToTheMooncup Sun 07-Aug-11 09:41:12

We got a set of coat hooks from Argos, they fit over the door. Bags and coats go on it. Usually.

Main source of confusion now is which bag my stuff is in - DH got me a topcat one for my new job grin

khaliwali Sun 07-Aug-11 09:41:29

I am ashamed to admit it is put in it's dustbag and put in the bag and shoe cupboard as soon as I get home.

bellavita Sun 07-Aug-11 09:44:43

Mine sits in the dining room on a chair!

Khaliwali, all my other bags that are not in use are in their dust bags in the wardrobe.

fedupofnamechanging Sun 07-Aug-11 09:44:48

All the ones not in use are in the bottom of my chest of drawers in my bedroom. the one in use gets dumped on the cupboard in the hall.

Meglet Sun 07-Aug-11 09:47:56

Mine sits in the pushchair in the living room.

Henrythehappyhelicopter Sun 07-Aug-11 09:50:22

The one I am currently using is in the coat cupboard, the others in their dust bags in bedroom wardrobe.

HeyYouJimmy Sun 07-Aug-11 09:54:05

I have a clutch bag which is sitting on my chest of drawers gathering dust. I've used it about twice in the 6 years I've had it as my essentials (mobile, keys, wallet and paracetamol) are usually shoved in my denim jacket pockets, so no real need for a handbag.

nickschick Sun 07-Aug-11 09:56:51

I hang the one im using on the kitchen chair.......youd think Id learn my lesson my bag was stolen 2 weeks before christmas a few years ago from the middle of the kitchen table.

superjobee Sun 07-Aug-11 10:05:16

mine gets hung up in the hallway closet on the coat hook thingy which is drowning in cardigans blush and an assortment of bags grin

ednurse Sun 07-Aug-11 10:05:42

My everyday bag (Balenciaga) just sits on top of the shoebox. Chanel bag is kept in dustbbag and box in wardrobe. My other bags are kept in boxes in my wardrobe, in dustbags if they have them, stuffed with scarves.

PeterSpanswick Sun 07-Aug-11 10:14:22

I have a compartment in my wardrobe especially for handbags with a hook for the one you're using which more organised women than I would make good use of. grin

I'm always rushing round checking down the side of the bed/sofas on my way out, trying to remember where I threw it down on my way in.

springydaffs Sun 07-Aug-11 10:22:07

Well, my chanel bag cross-chest rucksack ds was given at a sports junket yonks ago hangs on some lovely retro hooks I've fixed to the kitchen door, amongst pinnies and other shopping bags.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now