Talk

Advanced search

To think this is the worst idea ever?

(35 Posts)

One of these stalls has just opened opposite where I work.

What the actual Jeff?

£1.50 for some sweetcorn? What's 'magic' about that? confused

LynetteScavo Sun 07-Aug-11 00:21:49

OMG I lurve sweetcorn.

I'd buy some. smile < look a happy corn kernal!

Really? shock

What flavour would you buy?

LordOfTheFlies Sun 07-Aug-11 00:23:51

Don't know about worst idea but I don't see it catching on TBH.

There was one in our shopping centre.
There was a creperie but that's gone.

Ponders- weird curry flavour sweetcorn or freshly cooked crepe with Nutella and banana with a squirt of cream.
Hmmmmmmmmm

SingingSands Sun 07-Aug-11 00:23:54

In the blurb:

"No preservatives are added, of course. And that’s because we want you to taste only the corn and nothing else but the corn."

Ummm.... then why does it come in 10 different flavours?

Bleurgh!

faverolles Sun 07-Aug-11 00:25:14

But it retains a level of crunchiness and juiciness that’s unsurpassed. You'd be mad not to try it grin
(actually, ds reckons it's magic, because you eat it, then hey presto! It turns up in your loo in perfect condition the next day.)

I eat practically anything. Sweetcorn and mustard are the only things I would refuse even if it meant being rude when eating my IL's for the first time.

Magic Cabbage anyone?
Cheese and chive flavoured carrots?

It just doesn't work as a concept, surely?

Pandemoniaa Sun 07-Aug-11 00:36:04

Dreadful idea and dreadfully weird with it! Like when the fuck would you ever want "Magic Tomato Corn"? Or any other of the nauseating flavours? Let alone be thrilled to discover a purveyor of this shyte.

Why it's such a bizarre business it almost makes fairy photography look like a sensible idea...

GeraldineAubergine Sun 07-Aug-11 00:41:26

I want some really badly now. I must serve some at a dinner party. It will go marvellously with cabbage xhocolate cake.

BertieBotts Sun 07-Aug-11 00:42:50

If it comes with this I'd buy it.

The concept is bizarre. Why on earth would you want just an entire pot of sweetcorn? Mind you, DS would love it.

Honeydragon Sun 07-Aug-11 00:44:07

Hang on, isn't this the same as what they sell in bait shops???? Carp bait etc, tins of strawberry flavoured sweetcorn, they do others too. All lined up with maggots and flys.

BrainThrustMastery Sun 07-Aug-11 00:51:14

Sorry bitter, but I do think this would be a bit rude...

even if it meant being rude when eating my IL's for the first time

grin

Honeydragon Sun 07-Aug-11 00:52:28

It is!

tutti frutti, vanilla or strawberry?

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Sun 07-Aug-11 00:55:15

There's only one way to eat sweetcorn on its own and that is to cook it in boiling water for 3-5 minutes within an hour of picking and sprinkle it with black pepper and slaver it in butter.

Otherwise, sweetcorn is only fit for corn fritters, corn bread, or putting in fish pies and similar.

Needless to say, this enterprise will not be getting my custom.

iceandsliceplease Sun 07-Aug-11 01:01:18

I honestly don't understand this.

A pot of flavoured sweetcorn. Why? Who has ever said whilst out shopping 'I really need to eat....*sweetcorn*. And not just any sweetcorn, but flavoured sweetcorn.

iceandsliceplease Sun 07-Aug-11 01:02:11

bloody buggers... sweetcorn

sorry grin That should have read eating with my IL's for the first time blush

akaemmafrost Sun 07-Aug-11 01:40:36

It's an Arabic thing I think, I saw loads in Abu Dhabi when there recently and there are fair few on the markets here in London. Still yuk though.

LineRunner Sun 07-Aug-11 01:48:31

Well, you know, hey it's magic wink

Mescal worm, anyone?

ScaredyDog Sun 07-Aug-11 01:54:39

Sweetcorn is delicious. But you don't buy sweetcorn, you simply rent it.

It'll be in your toilet bowl the next day (or in hours in my case) just the way it went in.

A tin of Green Giant sweetcorn is about 50p and it's lovely, I eat it for lunch. But do NOT buy Asda smartprice sweetcorn, it's soggy and isn't even sweet angry

I wouldn't spend £1.50 on some weirdy flavoured sweetcorn, it doesn't need changing.

DioneTheDiabolist Sun 07-Aug-11 01:55:13

Is it a GM corn. I know that some GM strains (have seen it in types of broccoli and tomato) are patented and therefore there is a marketing drive.

MilkNoSugarPlease Sun 07-Aug-11 04:19:41

It's frigging delicious! Yes....I have bought some!!

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Sun 07-Aug-11 04:26:54

O no, it can't be delicious!!!

<<faints>>

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Sun 07-Aug-11 04:35:42

And it's frozen!!!!!

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Sun 07-Aug-11 04:39:30

Frozen???!!!!

Sweetcorn ice lollies? shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now