Talk

Advanced search

and a complete cow?

(52 Posts)
MissVerinder Sat 06-Aug-11 14:16:27

DP has just got up. I got the girls dressed and ready and we've been out for the morning.

Usually DP has at least an extra hour in bed on weekdays and is often late for work because he won't (not can't) get up.

I get up with the girls on Saturday and sit for my grandma while grandad shops, and get up on Sunday to take them swimming. If I didn't get up they wouldn't go.

DP is now making all sorts of grunting noises because he thinks he's pulled his shoulder. I thinks it's just bloody numb from being in bed the last sixteen hours.

AIBU to get into bed for a sleep myself and leaving him to it with the girls? Especially as DD1 is about to be picked up by MIL to go for a walk?

bushymcbush Sat 06-Aug-11 14:18:08

DO IT

cjbartlett Sat 06-Aug-11 14:19:31

Why do you both need to sleep in the day?

MissVerinder Sat 06-Aug-11 14:22:34

DP snores like a train sad so I often end up being woken up by him and/or DD2 a couple of times in the night.

DP never has a nap during the day, just marathon lie ins. Like a teenager. He's 35.

kittensliveupstairs Sat 06-Aug-11 14:22:41

I am just considering an hour in bed at the moment. Not sure I can trust DD though.
I too wonder why you both need to sleep during the day. that is not a criticism BTW.

SardineQueen Sat 06-Aug-11 14:24:09

Yes have a nap.

kittensliveupstairs Sat 06-Aug-11 14:24:26

In that case, of course YANBU. That is the reason I am considering my little lay down. DH was coughing like a TB patient last night. He's left us now to go back to Belgium but I am doubting I"ll make it past about6 if I don't get some kip.
OP, your DH needs a kick up the arse. Fancy staying in bed for that length of time.

Oggy Sat 06-Aug-11 14:24:40

Go sleep, I would!

squeakytoy Sat 06-Aug-11 14:25:29

I would have kicked him out of his pit hours ago. Too much sleep is unnecessary and bad for you anyway.

AgentZigzag Sat 06-Aug-11 14:25:41

16 hours!?? shock

Is it worth him getting up for the other 8?

I'm not surprised he doesn't nap in the day.

I'd leave him to it and have a good kip yourself.

Tortington Sat 06-Aug-11 14:27:22

sounds like a total cunt to me

BoysAreLikeDogs Sat 06-Aug-11 14:29:21

if he snores very badly he ought to go to the GP - snoring can be an indicator of some serious conditions

MissVerinder Sat 06-Aug-11 14:30:06

CJ and Kittens....

I have no idea why he's so bloody tired all the time SS he clocks up (on average) about fourteen hours extra sleep a week; he does work but trust me when I tell you it's not a particularly demanding job!

As for me, it's just the broken sleep at night, early mornings etc. doing me in.

I think we've got a silent "who's the tiredest" competition going on.

PeterSpanswick Sat 06-Aug-11 14:30:08

I love a nap grin but sixteen hours is a bit strong! No wonder he's tired if he's oversleeping like that regularly.

MissVerinder Sat 06-Aug-11 14:30:47

custardo you're hilarious.

MissVerinder Sat 06-Aug-11 14:31:58

Seriously, does sleeping too much make you feel worse?

SardineQueen Sat 06-Aug-11 14:32:08

I just stayed in bed for that length of time. Well nearly anyway.

I find it amusing that some people see getting more than 8 hours as one of the most disgustingly outrageous things a person can do.

What time does he go to bed though OP? If he is staying up til 3 amusing himself and letting you bear the brunt of it all then that is shite.

TalcAndTurnips Sat 06-Aug-11 14:32:31

I suspect that the bed now smells like Turkish wrestler's jockstrap, to boot.

Thumbwitch Sat 06-Aug-11 14:33:25

Agree with PeterS - oversleeping can make you just as tired as undersleeping, unfortunately! He sounds like a lazy sod, I wouldn't be letting him lie in bed that long anyway.

You go and have your nap.

bananasplitz Sat 06-Aug-11 14:34:51

if he doesnt get up in the mornings, thats his lookout, wouldnt bother me in the slightest as it wouldnt affect me

i would never allow any partner to stay in bed until 2 in the afternoon, thats just plain lazy. I would be hoovering the bedroom and slamming the drawers all morning.

AmberLeaf Sat 06-Aug-11 14:36:06

Do you have a long hose?

AgentZigzag Sat 06-Aug-11 14:36:17

He must have gone to bed at 11pm to be up at 2pm Sardine.

RedHotPokers Sat 06-Aug-11 14:36:56

He may just be an arsehole.

But could also have Sleep Apnoea: symptoms include excessively loud snoring, extreme daytime tiredness and morning headaches

MissVerinder Sat 06-Aug-11 14:37:10

Oh sardineit is very outrageous when you're gagging for even half an hours sleep sad

Sometimes he'll go to bed normal time. Last weekend though he was banging away till 4am building a flaming IKEA unit Saturday night, keeping me awake spent nearly all day Sunday in bed (in his view an entitlement as he had built up said unit) then didn't sleep Sunday night, monumentally late for work Monday morning!

AgentZigzag Sat 06-Aug-11 14:37:11

He can't be sleeping all that time though surely?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now