Talk

Advanced search

to not go out for a walk again?

(13 Posts)
OscarLove Fri 05-Aug-11 23:02:08

I went alone to a country park today for a peaceful walk and to get some exercise as i'm looking to lose weight (7lb off this week!!!). I am a very large girl at 21 stone and it was mad hot today, so it made for difficult, tiresome walking, and i'm sure my face was red like a beetroot.

Passing various young people along the way (teenagers in groups of friends), I heard comments regarding my weight. One group of girls were busy chattering as they were walking towards me, then as I passed them, they were quietly whispering, and then all burst out laughing. One boy with his mates said 'now thaaaat's a fat behind!'

All I wanted to do was walk in peace.

GypsyMoth Fri 05-Aug-11 23:03:25

ipod for next time? cos there should still be a next time

chin up!!

YoungishBag Fri 05-Aug-11 23:04:11

Rehearse this phrase and say it loudly next time:

"I can lose weight but you'll always be a wanker"

squeakytoy Fri 05-Aug-11 23:04:16

Ignore them. They will always be rude, and you can lose the weight. Well done on the weight loss so far, and dont let people like that put you off!

Get an iPod, plug it into your ears and walk along to the beat of the music. You can shut off all the ignorant people in the world that way!

Joolyjoolyjoo Fri 05-Aug-11 23:04:29

It is crap, I agree, but keep telling yourself that you can get slimmer if you want to, but they can't walk themselves smarter, and ignore!

Oh, and well done on the weight loss

caffevalium Fri 05-Aug-11 23:05:58

Next time that happens go right up to the spotty gonk making the comments and ask him 'How's your Mum - do send her my love won't you?'. Bullshit of course, but it might cause him a few moments discomfort!

AgentZigzag Fri 05-Aug-11 23:09:05

No! don't you let them put you off, are you really bothered about the opinion of the type of person who would say that?

Of course not.

People like that will pick on anything.

Well done on the 7lbs smile

PeopleCallMeTricky Fri 05-Aug-11 23:10:02

I'm just under 17 stone atm, have lost about half a stone, and I'm hoping to start running again in the next couple of weeks. It does take courage to exercise in public when you are overweight unfortunately. I think you were unlucky though, in that it is the school holidays, so there will be a lot of teenagers about, and they tend to get off on that kind of thing. I will be wearing an ipod when I run, as I don't wish to hear other people's comments, I just want to enjoy exercising. Please don't let it put you off.

create Fri 05-Aug-11 23:19:53

Oh Oscar, well done and don't you dare let them put you off. Feel sorry for them not being very bright and heaving no manners.

I'm a (slim) runner and still get loads of "funny" comments. They all think they're original which is the funniest part as there are in fact only three different heckles.

Keep going -it's a great feeling when you know they couldn't keep up with you for more than a minute or two. And you will get there smile

blowthewindsoutherly Fri 05-Aug-11 23:21:40

I weigh ten stone less than you and am 5 ft 6 and get bollocks like this sometimes too.

Wankers are wankers.

You carry on doing what's best for you and ignore them.

startail Fri 05-Aug-11 23:32:52

Well done keep up the good work and ignore the idiots.
As others have said you can exercise and loose weight, they cannot gain brain cells.

MirandaGoshawk Fri 05-Aug-11 23:34:34

Keep up the good work, you'll get there. Don't let the bastards grind you down!

PeterSpanswick Fri 05-Aug-11 23:39:43

Sorry you had to go through this sad

You have every right to run/walk/cartwheel through a park without comment from passing knobheads.

Remember they are of no significance to your life and congratulations on your (pretty damn awesome) loss so far!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now