Talk

Advanced search

to delete my dating profile now i've found Prince Charming?

(16 Posts)
OscarLove Fri 05-Aug-11 22:48:47

I met a man a couple of weeks ago who i'd been chatting to on an online dating site. He has turned out to be lovely and he texts me saying that i'm something really special, and the day he met me was the best day of his life. He is genuinly nice, and I go gooey at the thought of him. So, my profile on the dating site is still active. Now things are going well between us, I would like to delete my profile, out of respect for him, and also I keep getting messages from men, and obviously I don't want to waste their times when they're typing a lengthy message to me, and I won't be recipiating (sp!). I don't know why i'm undecisive about this, ffs!

Jemma1111 Fri 05-Aug-11 22:55:32

Don't delete your profile just yet, its very early days with this new guy and you don't know yet what may or may not come of things with him.

He also seems to be too infatuated way too soon, take things easy

MorelliOrRanger Fri 05-Aug-11 22:56:59

You've only been seeing him for 2 weeks, I wouldn't delete your profile, can you put it on hold for a bit.

FreudianSlipper Fri 05-Aug-11 22:58:24

don't worry they c&p most of their messages take it off if you feel more comfortable doing so or just hide it until you are sure its an exclusive relationship, does sound full on

LoveBeingAtHomeOnMyOwn Fri 05-Aug-11 23:00:20

What has he done?

BBQFrenzy Fri 05-Aug-11 23:02:32

Just suspend it for the moment to see how things go (am v v cautious though and like to keep my options open!)

caffevalium Fri 05-Aug-11 23:04:17

Wow. That much of an overreaction so soon would have me running for the hills. Keep your profile - my guess is you'll be needing it again before too long.

DontCallMePeanut Fri 05-Aug-11 23:05:59

Ditto what Jemma said.

FabbyChic Fri 05-Aug-11 23:07:56

Can you hide it? I would if it was me and I have done internet dating in the past. If you are happy at the moment why would you be looking for anything else if you are wanting to see where it goes with your new chap?

The fellas still be on the dating site if it doesn't work out, I'm not one for having options.

blueshoes Fri 05-Aug-11 23:27:02

Has he offered you a commitment? If not, leave it on. You are counting your chickens.

cwtch4967 Sat 06-Aug-11 09:41:10

Only you know how you feel about him - I met my DH via an online site, it was a whirlwind romance and we were married eight months later! I took my profile down as soon as we met. It is good advice to be cautious but don't be over cautious and let it spoil things............Sometimes there is a happy ending! (now been married for 7 years)

slightlyunbalanced Sat 06-Aug-11 09:56:55

Have you actually met him yet?

OTheHugeManatee Sat 06-Aug-11 10:13:37

I think what you're really saying here is 'I really like this man and want to stop looking As I think he's it, but I want to be sure he feels the same before I burn my bridges'.

Thing is, a bunch of strangers aren't going to be able to confirm that for you. He might, though, if you ask him.

Nancy66 Sat 06-Aug-11 11:07:55

....bet he doesn't delete his!

Mutt Sat 06-Aug-11 11:09:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ImperialBlether Sat 06-Aug-11 11:11:02

Just don't log on there. It shows the date of your last log in, doesn't it, so if men see that you haven't logged on for ages, they won't bother writing.

But... what about his profile? Is that still up?

I think two weeks is far too early - and too early to say it's the best day of his life, too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now