Talk

Advanced search

Upset that Hair Metal has not had a resurgence.

(136 Posts)
CupcakesandTwunting Fri 05-Aug-11 14:12:20

All of the other sub-genres have had one: grunge, New Romantics, punks, Goths (Topshop did a very good Siouxie Sioux type range a few years back)

HAIR METAL. Needs a comeback. I have a wardrobe full of hair metal band t-shorts just dying to be worn. I want to see men with huge, hairsprayed hair and spandex leggings. AIBU?

CMOTdibbler Fri 05-Aug-11 14:13:36

YANBU. Men in very tight trousers, silk/chiffon shirts and long hair = heaven

CupcakesandTwunting Fri 05-Aug-11 14:14:45

I might try and launch a Hair Metal group, see if we can't start a revival.

Who's in?

NevermindtheNargles Fri 05-Aug-11 14:15:50

Hmm...

I like your thinking. The idea of DH with a big JBJ perm though is making me a little bit gaggy.

NevermindtheNargles Fri 05-Aug-11 14:15:52

Hmm...

I like your thinking. The idea of DH with a big JBJ perm though is making me a little bit gaggy.

AuntieMonica Fri 05-Aug-11 14:19:46

shock

nooooo!!!! men people like my DH who are the wrong side of 40 and/or skinny will turn up imagining they look like this when in reality they look this!!

Reality Fri 05-Aug-11 14:21:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NevermindtheNargles Fri 05-Aug-11 14:27:27

I'd love to be in your band, can I play bass? In a Sid Vicious look-cool-and-not-really-play way.

\m/

MadameLupino Fri 05-Aug-11 14:33:11

Who would Hair Metal be? GunsNRoses/Metallica/JonBonBon? Or are they more Rock? I am not cool enough to understand the genre divides.

I do quite like a hairy man so yes, I am all for it <tugs on stonewashed jeans, finds cannot now get them past calves>

GingerWrath Fri 05-Aug-11 14:34:44

Ooooh, yes please, does that mean I can wear my purple suede stiletto chelsea boots again? Would I be allowed to drool over Bret Michaels and Tom Keifer and not be frowned upon?

<runs upstairs to don Faster Pussycat tshirt dreaming of my early 20s>

GingerWrath Fri 05-Aug-11 14:36:40

Madam Think Motley Crue, Cinderella, Poison etc and you wouldn't be far wrong.

The good old days where boys wore more make up and had taller more back combed hair than me.

MadameLupino Fri 05-Aug-11 14:38:49

Ah, a bit harder that girly old BonJon then. Not that he isn't a fine thing.
Will they wash, these Real Hairy Men? I'm only in if they're not stinky.

GingerWrath Fri 05-Aug-11 14:40:04

IME they were very clean and took longer to get ready to go out than I did!

BullieMama Fri 05-Aug-11 14:41:13

Not quite hair metal but I'm taking my family to a festival at the end of the month and Headlining on the Saturday are the Quireboys and special guests Tigertailz can't wait takes me back to being 15 again !!!

superv1xen Fri 05-Aug-11 14:43:39

haha hair metal NEVER went out for me cupcakes blush

motley crue, love/hate, skid row, steel panther and their ilk are all a big part of my music collection!

superv1xen Fri 05-Aug-11 14:44:18

oooh oooh bulliemama a good mate of mine is the bass player in tigertailz. she is brill. <namedrops>

GingerWrath Fri 05-Aug-11 14:47:35

Tigertailz used to hang out in the same club as me in Cardiff. Seen Quireboys a few times too.

Pocketsocks Fri 05-Aug-11 14:52:30

<raises hand> yup hair metal's still alive and well in my house too. DP of course objects to my atempts to eyeliner him in his sleep though.

CaptainNancy Fri 05-Aug-11 14:57:55

Well, there was The Darkness... they had the hair at least

GingerWrath Fri 05-Aug-11 14:58:08

I dated guys with long hair in my youth, I ended up marrying a one with receding short hair!

roguepixie Fri 05-Aug-11 15:03:19

Oh yes, cupcakes. I will stand with you and demand the return of our sex rock gods grin

Please Captain do not utter the 'D' word - they are not rock gods ... they are/were/will always be an abomination grin

FiniteIncantatem Fri 05-Aug-11 15:06:54

I love Hair Metal (Poodle Rock!)- it gets played in my house all the time and I feel so proud when I hear my 14yr old playing Iron Maiden or similar grin

AuntieMonica Fri 05-Aug-11 15:07:21

<ahem>

i think i have snogged Justin Hawkins! grin

Dsis used to frequent a club The Darkness used to frequent....i have (extremely) vague recollections of hoovering the face off a curly-haired wonky-toothed sex-god young man one time who kept banging on about going to be famous one day...

<sighs>

GingerWrath Fri 05-Aug-11 15:09:42

AuntieMonica shock lucky you.

BTW The Darkness have reformed. They are actually good as long as you take them tongue in cheek.

Shannaratiger Fri 05-Aug-11 15:15:30

I love Hair Metal as well, it never died out and some of the new bands I watch on Kerrang are keeping it alive as well (yes I am very nearly 40)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now