Talk

Advanced search

Watching Pingu and..

(33 Posts)
alowVeraWithPurpleTwuntyPants Fri 05-Aug-11 09:44:26

Pingu's mummy just slapped him round the face for being naughty!

Granted Pingu's mummy looked suitable ashamed afterwards.

OTheHugeManatee Fri 05-Aug-11 09:45:39

More to the point, if my baby penguin insisted on bringing someone like that seal round to play all the time I wouldn't be happy at all.

SuePurblybilt Fri 05-Aug-11 09:49:04

He's left to babysit Pinga too. I think Someone should be told.

There is a worrying seam of neglect running through pre-school programmes. Where are Charlie and Lola's parents? Who is minding Mrs. Rabbit's children? Will the Little Princess ever be allowed to leave the castle?

alowVeraWithPurpleTwuntyPants Fri 05-Aug-11 09:49:07

True. Why doesn't that seal eat them?

But no seal involved in this one, he (pingu) was just playing with the wood (for the stove)

BatmanLovesRobin Fri 05-Aug-11 09:49:47

My favourite ever Pingu episode is where he gets drunk, goes for a wee in the bathroom and misses the loo, an arc of wee spraying everywhere. I remember thinking "wtf?" !

BatmanLovesRobin Fri 05-Aug-11 09:51:41

Pingu drunk

fluffyanimal Fri 05-Aug-11 09:52:41

To be fair to Pingu, I don't think he is drinking alcohol in that episode, just pop, too much of which would make anyone wee.

BatmanLovesRobin Fri 05-Aug-11 09:54:54

True - maybe that's why mum and dad don't look too shocked that he took his baby brother to the bar...

fluffyanimal Fri 05-Aug-11 09:56:29

Oh keep up Batman, Pinga is his baby sister! <does nobody understand Pingu at all?> wink

alowVeraWithPurpleTwuntyPants Fri 05-Aug-11 09:59:20

Eeeewwww batman that's gross!

DontAskMeSums Fri 05-Aug-11 10:07:29

Oh!Oh!
I love the episode where Pingu spits his greens out down the loo!

And after a run of chickenpox when all they wanted was Pingu, I spoke the language fluently - sackuh doo!

If you want weird adults, have a look at John Birningham's books.

BatmanLovesRobin Fri 05-Aug-11 10:08:34

blush at resexing of the little Pingu

DontAskMeSums Fri 05-Aug-11 10:13:30

Thanks for the link Batman. Made my day.

SuePurblybilt Fri 05-Aug-11 10:13:44

Pinga is the sister. Robbie is the seal.

HTH. grin

BatmanLovesRobin Fri 05-Aug-11 10:17:13

I can tell what fluffy and SuePurbly's Mastermind subject would be...

Kveta Fri 05-Aug-11 10:18:13

I like the one where Pingu and Pinga are using the toilet/potty before bed, and when pingu breaks wind, his sister clearly asks if he has followed through - so he looks down into the loo to check, and reports back that he hasn't grin

actually, I just love Pingu, full stop. mainly because it keeps DS occupied for whole minutes at a time, and if he ever sees a penguin now, he yells 'Nup Nup!' at it smile

ShirleyKnot Fri 05-Aug-11 10:19:54

I loved watching Pinguy when the children were small.

One of my favourites was when the baby was having a nappy change and pooped everywhere. Pingu's face was hmm and I laughed for about a week.

<idiot>

MumblingRagDoll Fri 05-Aug-11 10:21:11

What about the episode when Mrs Pingu beggars off and Pingu gets his beak busted and they have to go to the doctors....on their own....more parental neglect. grin

SuePurblybilt Fri 05-Aug-11 10:21:30

I like the popcorn one, where his house fills up. I love Pingu.

That man from Secret Supper Party, he writes Pingu (in as much as anyone writes it, not so much with the dialogue)

fluffyanimal Fri 05-Aug-11 10:22:11

blush Yeah I even know all the continuity errors, the differences when digitally remastered for DVD, the changes in voice actors (well I don't know their names but I do know which episodes have old Daddy voice and which ones have new ones). It's my way of staying sane when something is on continuous loop on the TV: studying the tiny details.

crazynanna Fri 05-Aug-11 10:28:58

I love Pingu.

I love the noise his flippers make when he walks blush
Oh well,little things amuse little minds.

DontAskMeSums Fri 05-Aug-11 10:31:07

DS2 (15) just surfaced from bed...
Me 'Skibbly dobbly wahdoo hee...'
Him 'Bobbly hee hee'
(hockey episode)
Just wish he remebered his Welsh vocab so easily....

fluffyanimal Fri 05-Aug-11 10:35:16

I love the way English words sometimes pop in, e.g. "wibbly babble doo fish flobble dah". It reminds me a bit of Channel 9 on the Fast Show.
Sometimes I spot French words too <nerd>

Kveta Fri 05-Aug-11 10:39:54

there are a lot of czech words in it too fluffy. DH gets very confused grin

Pingu is very like my DS too - the fury when things don't go his way is spot on grin

fluffyanimal Fri 05-Aug-11 10:44:30

Ooh Kveta ! <excited linguist nerd> I have a basic knowledge of Czech, but never spotted any. Examples please!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now