Talk

Advanced search

To be sick of CRAMPS!

(4 Posts)
HowlingBitch Thu 04-Aug-11 15:41:44

I get them all month long it seems. I'm ovulating right now and the cramps are horrid, After this I have TOTM to look forward too and I'm always riddled with cramps then too.

TOTM I can deal with (I just bought a mooncup so I'm hoping that will help) but is there any cure for ovulation pain? I cannot take anything hormone related and I hate constantly popping pain killers. I know we all moan about cramps but this is starting to take over my life. Forgive the "end of tether" dramatics.

I have been to my GP a few times about it but it's always the same "Oh it's perfectly normal" responses.

I will stand on my head, I will drink any manner of potion, I will stand naked in a bucket of toads at the next full moon chanting bollox! Just give me a cure!

sad

SnapesMistress Thu 04-Aug-11 17:49:42

Go on a hormonal contraceptive, that will stop you ovulating, te coil and implant will also stop you bleeding.

SnapesMistress Thu 04-Aug-11 17:50:56

Oh sorry, just reread your OP and seen you can't take hormones, hmm, what about those heat pads you stick to your belly?

Fuzzled Thu 04-Aug-11 17:54:05

Mefanamic Acid painkillers.

Only way I get through that time! hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now