Talk

Advanced search

To think this is just plain rude and to be very very very hacked off?

(17 Posts)
farnywarny Thu 04-Aug-11 11:02:55

DP's daughters 6th birthday party was yesterday at dp's ex's house. They were having the party on the green at the front of their flats and weather warnings had been issued so I offered to lend her my dads gazebo. I also lent her my car to do some running round for the party as hers had no tax.

We got a text LATE last night to say that she didnt 'think' she could take the gazebo down and would have to leave it until we collected it today, but that it would probably get robbed in the meantime (rough area)

I asked dp to ask her if she had tried to take the gazebo down, the answer was 'no I am no good at things like that' (my 5 year old could do it, and thats beside the point)

Today we cant get hold of her, I am in work dp is ill in bed, and we have no idea if the gazebo is still there!!

I am so annoyed at her attitude

Shutupanddrive Thu 04-Aug-11 11:05:56

YANBU what a cheeky cow! angry
is she usually like this?

ImperialBlether Thu 04-Aug-11 11:09:20

She actually said she thought it would get stolen?

She sounds really horrible - why are you doing favours for her?

Is your DP so ill that he can't make a phone call?

farnywarny Thu 04-Aug-11 11:09:53

I have never really done her any favours before, but she is very much a matriarch in their enormous family and I think they are all a bit too scared to argue with her (dp included sometimes, but if he doesn't back me up about this i will go omental)

SenoritaViva Thu 04-Aug-11 11:12:31

Well you certainly won't be doing her any favours again will you? Bloody rude, YANBU

farnywarny Thu 04-Aug-11 11:14:03

ImperialBlether she isn't answering the phone

Was she insured to drive your car?

farnywarny Thu 04-Aug-11 11:17:37

SquirtedPerfumeUpNoseInBoots yes she was insured to drive my car

Sarsaparilllla Thu 04-Aug-11 11:20:25

How rude, if it goes missing or is damaged I'd tell her she needs to provide a replacement!!

JarethTheGoblinKing Thu 04-Aug-11 11:23:12

Wow, impressed that you've named her as a driver on your car! I'd be changing that arrangement tbh smile

She sounds bloody cheeky! shock

altinkum Thu 04-Aug-11 11:23:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

farnywarny Thu 04-Aug-11 11:27:09

Dont really understand why this has turned in to a car insurance issue.....she lent my car most days for a week whilst I was at work 9-5 and she arranged her own 1 month insurance

I asked if she was insured to drive the car as the thought occured to me that if she isnt bothered about the gazebo getting stolen then she might not be bothered about damage to OPs car.

A bit random, sorry.

thefirstMrsDeVere Thu 04-Aug-11 11:33:38

I think its nice that ex partners can still get on for the sake of the children etc.

But do you think this is all a bit too close?

She is using your car? Thats quite a big thing. She feels she has not responsiblity for looking after your property and everyone is a bit scared of her.

You dont need to have anything to do with her. It sounds like you are getting sucked into her manipulative little world where she is the matriarch and everyone does as they are told.

If I were you I would back right off.

Mitmoo Thu 04-Aug-11 11:35:51

If she takes that much care of your gazebo I wouldn't trust her with my car. Stop lending it to her now. Cheeky mare.

farnywarny Thu 04-Aug-11 11:39:17

SquirtedPerfumeUpNoseInBoots fair point - I hadn't even thought of that

Rest assured I will be backing off AND making sure things are more on my terms, as currently we have his dd's at the drop of a hat and are forever cancelling our plans to accommodate her

Purplegirlie Thu 04-Aug-11 11:57:24

I agree with MrsDevere. I would stand up to her now, go and get the gazebo, get your car from her and don't lend her anything again. She sounds a real madam

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now