Talk

Advanced search

to be ashamed?

(17 Posts)
AlpiniAddict Thu 04-Aug-11 07:14:39

I've just caught a few minutes of teleshopping and found myself thinking that some of the things were actually a good idea. The same thing happens when I get my hands on a Betterware/Kleeneze catalogue. What's happening to me? shock

YoungishBag Thu 04-Aug-11 07:17:11

It's 7.15 in the morning

all sorts of shit makes sense at this time grin

AlpiniAddict Thu 04-Aug-11 07:20:16

Good point,and I have been up all night! I'll put it down to sleep deprivation smile

KateBC Thu 04-Aug-11 07:29:27

Teleshopping is evil, I always think I want one of those bricky mate thongs for building walls, and start planning home made extensions in my head...

They put them on late at night when people are most vulnerable to stupidity

BigusBumus Thu 04-Aug-11 07:33:34

To my shame I once bought that carpet shampoo stuff that's all foamy and brings it up like new, after being glued to the channel for 20 mins. Cost a fortune, didn't work like on the telly at all! (you don't say?) BUT it's still the best carpet cleaner I've ever used! blush

Shuffles off to look for A Life.

AlpiniAddict Thu 04-Aug-11 07:34:01

I saw a twisty thing that you kneel on and swish from side to side("lose inches while you watch tv!"),and an 'Aah Bra' grin

AlpiniAddict Thu 04-Aug-11 07:36:20

If you find a spare life can you let me have it please? (£9.99 plus p+p seems reasonable) grin

YoungishBag Thu 04-Aug-11 07:38:08

is it sad that I now want to know what that carpet cleaner is ? confused

I'm a marketing guru's wet dream.

<looks at steam mop, steam blaster thingy for showers, endless qvc crap>

baskingseals Thu 04-Aug-11 07:38:21

i am convinced that my life would be enriched - if i had a steam cleaner

my taps would gleam
i would search for the meaning of life no more

BigusBumus Thu 04-Aug-11 07:40:04

Ok here goes... I've got a Nicer Dicer too. blush

EuphemiaMcGonagall Thu 04-Aug-11 07:48:59

KateBC I want a bricky mate thong!

KateBC Thu 04-Aug-11 07:57:03

They're amazing! I'm going to build a utility room out the back, and with the bricky mate I can do it all by myself and it will look very professional! Or maybe leave that to DH who actually knows how to build walls. Though he also wants a bricky mate!

biddysmama Thu 04-Aug-11 08:11:44

my mil buys all sorts of crap off the telly, she bought a diy consevatory that turned out to basically be a green house that you attatch to the side of your house hmm

PirateDinosaur Thu 04-Aug-11 08:15:32

There has been a thread about the Aah Bra. It's crap, apparently (again, you don't say?)

Bloodymary Thu 04-Aug-11 08:22:40

Whats an Aah Bra, and do I need one?

HairyBeaver Thu 04-Aug-11 09:05:24

I want that twisty exercise machine too blush. I also have a nicer dicer confused. My dc's want those huggle buddies, they've inherited my need for expensive, useless crap grin

Sewmuchtodo Thu 04-Aug-11 09:12:58

I was wide awake [33wks pg and far too hot] at 3am and suddenly found myself thinking the 'genie bra' was a good idea.....and you get 3 in a pack confused

I saw sense, went to bed and woke up feeling like I have dodged a £39 bill for nonsense blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now