Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To wonder where my baby went?

(34 Posts)
hellospoon Wed 03-Aug-11 21:14:25

DD is 17 months old, she is so bright, funny and understands what she is asked so well!

So today we had-

"DD please stop feeding sand to the hamster"
"DD please can you put the worm down and let him sleep"

Seriously, AIBU to want my tiny scrunched up baby back? <sniffs DD for baby smell..nope just mud>

LeoTheLateBloomer Wed 03-Aug-11 21:16:21

I'm totally with you on this one. DD is 15 months and amazes me every day. Only this evening I was wishing her back to the times she's bloody lie still for a nappy change grin

itstheclimb39 Wed 03-Aug-11 21:17:46

lol x

hellospoon Wed 03-Aug-11 21:19:08

OH the nappy changing! confused

Honeydragon Wed 03-Aug-11 21:20:23

oooooh I know it'sdad when the baby smell goes but dd (19 m) and ds (8) came in today and smelt of sunshine and hots days which is just as good

not so good is her refusal to sleep right now hmm

Sirzy Wed 03-Aug-11 21:21:11

I know the feeling. I realised today that it is only 3 months until DS turns 2. It seems like only yesterday he was born!

I love this age though smile

Psammead Wed 03-Aug-11 21:23:58

Oh GOD! I hated the baby stage.

I will gladly foster my next one out to the highest bidder until they reach about 14 months.

YABU grin

MrsChemist Wed 03-Aug-11 21:25:37

I prefer the stage DS is at now than newborn baby-ness. He's 2 in a few weeks and he's just so lovely. He tells me all about his cars, and planes and he makes dens with me and he dances around the room, singing songs he's made up.

Mind you, it was good before he knew the word 'no'. smile

CRS Wed 03-Aug-11 21:27:50

I know exactly what you mean and then some - my "baby" is now secondary school age - and it seems a bit unreal!

Choufleur Wed 03-Aug-11 21:29:46

Yabu babies are boring. Toddlers are fun and get better as they get older. Enjoy what you have. Don't wish for the past or future

maighdlin Wed 03-Aug-11 22:28:27

i feel the same, planning the big "2" for dd on saturday. would gladly have a new born than a tantrumy frustrated indecisive toddler. spend my whole day "dd NO" "don't eat that" "leave that alone". i really miss having a wee baby that required little but milk cuddles and the odd nappy change. cleaning up a baby exploding poo is less stressful than doing dd's nappy now, even the ones you had to cut her out of at least she stayed still and didn't try to beat you. im even more tired now than i was when she was new born.

HipHopOpotomus Wed 03-Aug-11 22:37:29

DD2 is 3 months. I know I won't have another baby and I'm just loving every minute of get babyhood. She's a pretty easy baby so I'm very lucky. Don't want maternity leave to end. DD1 is 3 going on 10, and the baby has def left the building though she's had a few moments of retreat since dd2 came along.

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Wed 03-Aug-11 23:34:23

Just you wait! M lovely golden haired, sweet smelling, blue eyed baby, who spent whole summer days in the 'gaggling pool' or helping 'Gangan' to 'mower' the lawn, is now 15, six inches taller than me, size 12 feet and wears bigger trousers than his dad. All he wants to do nowadays when the sun shines, is sit under his duvet, flapping his thumbs at his xbox, smelling like a warthog and eating me out of house and home. Make the most of every moment, because its gone in a flash!

Squitten Wed 03-Aug-11 23:54:42

Oh don't. I thought it was bad with DS1, 3yrs next month. DS2 is growing even faster! He's 8mths tomorrow, already dragging himself across the floor and pinching his brother's toys, squealing at the top of his lungs, etc, etc... I miss the newborn already!

DrPolidori Wed 03-Aug-11 23:54:48

YABU! My ds is 11, and will always be my baby... and I love every step he takes towards independence. but always my baby! I hold all those memories of each and every stage within me, and it adds up to the sum of who he is today, and everyday in the future.

trident Wed 03-Aug-11 23:59:57

..watch out - before you know it they will be 6" giants and patting you on the head...

Enjoy every little moment as they grow and go so fast... and then it is all gone.......

Memories - I feel a song coming on..........................

Niecie Thu 04-Aug-11 00:09:11

No YANBU. DS1 was 11 a couple of weeks ago so this time of year always makes me think of those early days when he was just a little bundle. Where did the years go?!!! He's 5'2" now and growing like a weed, all pre-teen hormones and worries about starting secondary school. Those new born weeks seem so much easier now. <scrubs brain of all memories of sleepless night, sore nipples and not a second to myself.>

Niecie Thu 04-Aug-11 00:09:57

Ho, ho, ho - sleepless night? I wish - sleepless night*s*!!

AwesomePan Thu 04-Aug-11 00:10:53

they are all a bit useless until they can do the vacuuming. Then you realise it was all worthwhile.

Portofino Thu 04-Aug-11 00:15:54

Oh for those dream days of baby smells and snuggles, where they:

hadn't learnt to say no
ate everything they were given as they didn't realise there were options.
had never seen an advert for lelli kelli shoes or zhu zhu pets
were happy to wear whatever matching outfit you dressed them in
had no concept of the remote control for the tv

TheFrogs Thu 04-Aug-11 00:16:51

Yup, ds nearly 14, size 11 feet, stinking out his room glued to the PS3 and not happy unless he's complaining. He was such a lovely cheerful little kid too grin

PenguinArmy Thu 04-Aug-11 00:17:59

DD is 17months tomorrow, I do love the phrases we end up saying to her grin

Just remind yourself of the no cuddles, kisses and even smiles that being a baby entails. I however got pregnant, I can assure that put a end to any broodiness I was feeling grin

BrigadeOfLannisters Thu 04-Aug-11 00:19:24

I thought I had prepared for both DC beginning a new stage until I realised that I had to delete DD's Primary school and DS' pre-school from my phone and that I would never be able to talk to the lovely people there again <wail>

EllenJaneisnotmyname Thu 04-Aug-11 00:27:23

YABU. No more nappies, no more buggies, holidays in hotels, no need to take 3 car loads of 'stuff' everywhere, and best of all, no more bloody board games! I love my (bigger) boys.

BahHumPug Thu 04-Aug-11 00:36:05

Did anyone else read the title and wonder if the OP had managed to lose her baby somewhere?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now