Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

VERY VERY p'd off with Dell!!!

(11 Posts)
lovemyboysandbeagles Wed 03-Aug-11 17:52:36

Waited all day for a laptop charger to arrive that I need by tomorrow and it is not the one I ordered - their mistake!!

I have phoned up, spent ages trying to explain as they couldn't undestand me to then be told they CAN'T send a replacement next day delivery - correction WON'T - I know full well they can send one next day but they won't pay the extra cost even though it is their error.

So ANGRY!!!!!

Imnotaslimjim Wed 03-Aug-11 17:55:35

Phone back, speak to a supervisor, then their manager and so on and so forth. They are awful to deal with, but you will get a result if you keep going. My DH deals with them on a daily basis, and 1 of the managers knows his voice now!

Salmotrutta Wed 03-Aug-11 18:39:08

We had a massive run-in with Dell nearly 10 years ago. I won't bore you with the long story but they were shockingly bad and their customer service was dire (even though apparently they won awards at the time hmm). We vowed never to deal with them again and we never have.
............... but we won grin

Vinniesbisqwits Wed 03-Aug-11 18:42:10

had the same problem with them with the charger and then a year and a day the whole laptop went altogether not a happy bunny

MrsTumbles Wed 03-Aug-11 18:45:40

Everytime I get my laptop out I shudder remembering the hell we went through with Dell. The best time was when I waited in all day for my laptop to be delivered, and they just delivered the MOUSE. I took a whole day off work and they delivered just the mouse.

It took about 2 months from ordering the dam thing until it was eventually delivered, then we had all the fun with the bugs in the system.

So OP I feel your pain, and YANBU

80sbabe Wed 03-Aug-11 18:58:03

MrsTumbles the exact same thing happened to us with them.
Bought DS1 one of their laptops for his birthday, ordered and paid for it 2 months in advance.

The day before his birthday we received just the mouse angry

They didn't seem to understand why I was "a bit cross" with them about it.

Just as in the op when I contacted them they couldn't understand me either - they kept saying "We have sent your package and it has been delivered"
"Yes, but I didn't pay the thick end of £500 for a mouse !!" and on it went - seemingly forever.

The laptop turned up about a week later. Have never used them since though. When we bought one for DS2 and then DD it was straight to PC World and walk out with the purchase in hand.

I wouldn't recommend Dell to my worst enemy.

FabbyChic Wed 03-Aug-11 19:00:40

My sons laptop died after 13 months he had paid £500 for it, I got a free repair because the sale of goods acts states the item must be fit for purpose for three years. It needed a new motherboard.

pinxminx Wed 03-Aug-11 19:28:36

They are dreadful. I have vowed never ever to use them again. They are cheap for a reason.

lovemyboysandbeagles Wed 03-Aug-11 19:30:16

I had to explain 3 times (at least) to different people that I had not actually ordered a laptop. In the end I was admittedly VERY patronising, along the lines of " it is the plug that you put in wall with one end and the other in the side of the laptop to give it electricity to make it work so that i can use it" all said very slowly!!

What makes it worse is I ordered it on-line and was eventually told that had I phoned up (and paid the 10p per minute or whatever it is) to order it instead of on-line, then they could of dealt with it but because I ordered it on-line I would have to phone back in the morning. Customer Services (I use the term loosely) closes at 5pm, the charger was delivered at 5.20pm...how does that work!!! Why do they sell laptops and yet treat the people that use them to order parts etc like we are second rate citizens??!!

toutlemonde Wed 03-Aug-11 19:31:28

Not much use now, but if you buy as a 'small business' customer, even if you're not, you get a whole different level of customer service

EcoLady Wed 03-Aug-11 20:13:06

Dell are f***ing useless and have no concept of anything approaching customer service. My attempt to buy a laptop from them earlier this year turned into a month-long saga.

I got a laptop from Tesco in the end!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now