Talk

Advanced search

To express disapproval?- My DH says I was.

(12 Posts)
MissMap Wed 03-Aug-11 10:22:53

We were in a restaurant (on board a cross channel ferry), 3 unattended girls aged 8-13 came and sat at the next table, their parents sat else where.

The girls were happy and giggly, I admired their joie de vivre.

It became apparent that they were having such fun setting up a nasty surprise for a fourth little girl, for whom they were waiting. Each of them had a glass of coke, there was also a glass for the fourth child into which they were all liberally spitting.

I gave them a hard stare and shook my head slowly whilst engaging the ring leader in eye contact.

I then ignored them, my DH says I was unreasonable is he right?

Reality Wed 03-Aug-11 10:24:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

squeakytoy Wed 03-Aug-11 10:25:11

I would have gone over to the parents, that is vile disgusting behaviour.

Why does your DH think you were unreasonable? for ignoring them or for giving them "the look".

biddysmama Wed 03-Aug-11 10:28:14

thats disgusting, i would have told the parents

MissMap Wed 03-Aug-11 10:29:30

For giving them the look.

They poured the fourth girls drink back into the glass coke bottle and moved away from me.

ExitPursuedByAGryffin Wed 03-Aug-11 10:30:22

Yuk. What happened?

YANBU

cjbartlett Wed 03-Aug-11 10:33:02

Ew! Bitches

MissMap Wed 03-Aug-11 10:36:41

The fourth girl never arrived, I lost sight of them, it was a huge, very busy restaurant. I could not identify who their parents were.

I felt indignant on the fourth girl's (whom I never saw) behalf.

They were all well dressed, well spoken, very unpleasant girls.

SnapesMistress Wed 03-Aug-11 10:56:09

Unpleasant but common enough in that age group YANBU to have expressed disapproval, I would have told parents if I could see where they were.

I remember getting in trouble for something very similar when I was about 8, I had bought a bottle of coke out of my own money and was drinking it, my 5 yo DB wanted some and my parents said I had to share and pour him a (large) glass of my coke. I did but put vinegar in it so he wouldn't enjoy it, I got a severe bollocking for that and lost the rest of the coke.

intelligenceitself Wed 03-Aug-11 11:08:47

You were absolutely in the right.

BullieMama Wed 03-Aug-11 11:46:44

Personally, I would have said something and pointed out how disgusting they were being and asked them how would they feel if it was done to them, but that's just me - engage mouth before brain !

I caught a drunken lump of a lad peeing in my front garden late on a Friday night so I chased him him down the garden told him exactly what I thought of him and asked him where he lived so I could return the favour grin Like I say that's just me wouldn't work for most people !

chipmonkey Wed 03-Aug-11 12:19:55

YWDNBU! The poor fourth girl!sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now