Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to have had a sneaky sip of cider? Or Cidre... as it is Stella lol

(13 Posts)
Kayano Tue 02-Aug-11 19:32:42

DH has nipped upstairs having ooked out lovely mexican tea and asked me to open him a bottle of cider when I was in the kitchen

I'm not a drinker normally and can usually count the number of times I have a drink in one month on one hand... and even then its usually just 1 drink lol. Usually it gets left to get warm and not drank anyway!

I'm 13 weeks pg and honestly its driving me batty and I don't know why! I always said I wouldnt drink in pregnancy at all, but seriously..... It smells lush....

so I have had a cheeky mouthful (just half a sip and he wont even notice when he comes down any has gone)

Now I feel super guilty!
AIBU?

VeronicaCake Tue 02-Aug-11 19:34:19

YABU - stop being so daft and pour a glass for yourself.

catgirl1976 Tue 02-Aug-11 19:34:20

No. My maternity notes say 1 - 3 units a week is ok and although I am not drinking them (although am having a white wine spritzer once a fortnight) I do not think your unborn child will even notice the half a sip of cider. Chill out.

Kayano Tue 02-Aug-11 19:36:13

I was hoping you would say IWBU so i can make my case to have an actual glass myself lol.

its just DH has become the food and drink police and think he would go nutso lol :S

catgirl1976 Tue 02-Aug-11 19:37:17

Tell DH if he is that bothered, perhaps he should stop drinking too in support? Then pour yourself a (small) glass.

Honeydragon Tue 02-Aug-11 19:39:23

Your dh needs to stop drinking and eating seafood cheeses liver pates and all other nice things too then grin

Zwitterion Tue 02-Aug-11 20:27:31

As a Somerset girl you are definitely being unreasonable. Get yourself some proper stuff.

really want to try some Stella Cidre but feel like a traitor

Kayano Tue 02-Aug-11 20:40:34

We have some proper stuff too :D don't worry. Fridge is always well stocked for company... Which is prob why I'm craving it lol

EricNorthmansMistressOfPotions Tue 02-Aug-11 20:42:35

YABAbsurd and if My H had tried to police my food or drink while I was pregnant he'd have got a (metaphorical....probably) smack in the gob. Tell him to do his research and have a nice half of cider.

CointreauVersial Tue 02-Aug-11 20:45:19

That Stella Cider is pretty disappointing, tbh, and I'm sure the alcohol content isn't particularly high. But I second everyone's view that the odd small glass is not going to do you any harm at all.

AuntiePickleBottom Tue 02-Aug-11 20:58:11

i am a binge drinker and for that reason alone i didn't touch a drop while pregnant....i can never just have the one.

but yanbu, a little sip wont hurt

dreamingbohemian Tue 02-Aug-11 21:04:15

So your DH doesn't want you to drink at all.... but asks you to open a cider for him? Nice.

Go on, have a small glass. It's basically apple juice smile

kiki22 Tue 02-Aug-11 21:45:16

i have looked into drinking during pregnancy in great detail and i can tell u that a couple of units a week will do no harm at all, i have started to look at the bottles for units and % to find the best option. I'm usually a vodka girl so have started to buy a big bottle of smirnoff ice mix it with lemonade it's only 2.6 units but can make 4 or 5 glasses (after 2 or 3 i usually have had enough anyway). If your DP has a problem there is plently of research online he can read to put his mind at rest smile

Enjoy!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now