Talk

Advanced search

To be tired of being this lonely?

(6 Posts)
Maynardover Tue 02-Aug-11 12:30:54

Namechanged for this.There is no excuse for me being this lonely. I will be the first to admit I have a temper and can be abrasive at the best of times. I don't always have as much free time as I would like what with work and kids and DH generally being lazy and unhelpful.

Most of all, however, I think it's an issue with me. I strive to be affable but my close circuit of friends has become smaller and smaller such that I more often than not spend most days alone seeking solace online.

Am I really so obnoxious such that I'm not worth spending time with, certainly a part of me says this though I don't know what good asking this question here is. I suppose I'm just looking for some support and someone to tell me I'm not alone in having such views. It has always helped me in the past.

MamaMary Tue 02-Aug-11 12:32:49

You're definitely not alone. There have been several recent threads on this subject. Others will provide links for you I'm sure - I haven't worked out how to do it blush

MamaMary Tue 02-Aug-11 12:45:46

Try here

InstantAtom Tue 02-Aug-11 13:04:09

It's good that you are thinking it through. If you feel there are certain things about yourself that could do with working on, would you consider counselling? You don't have to have a "problem", you can talk to them about anything and work out positive strategies for moving forward.

honeymom Tue 02-Aug-11 13:10:51

I'm they same. I'm obnoxious and rude and I generally don't actually like real life people. I hate small talk and find myself far to selfish to make the effort, But it is lonely sometimes. But I figure i'd rather be lonely than have lots of superficial friends

lesley33 Tue 02-Aug-11 13:45:09

Unfortunately small talk is how most friendships start. I think most people want some real friends they can really talk to, but nobody starts out a friendship like this. You have to build it up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now