Talk

Advanced search

to think no I am NBU, to not child mind friend child.

(147 Posts)
altinkum Tue 02-Aug-11 10:15:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OhHelpOhNo Tue 02-Aug-11 10:16:50

How ungrateful shock, I'd seriously consider saying no in future!

biddysmama Tue 02-Aug-11 10:17:59

how very dare your child have an important appointment, hmm

why do some people treat their children as an inconvienience?

GypsyMoth Tue 02-Aug-11 10:18:35

I'd text back and ask her what she means!putp Does she pay you?

GypsyMoth Tue 02-Aug-11 10:19:10

Meant to put in middle of that 'put her on the spot'!!

GetOrfMoiSamsungFridgeFreezer Tue 02-Aug-11 10:19:53

Cheeky cow. I would text her back and ask if she meant to be so rude.

pictish Tue 02-Aug-11 10:20:08

Oh dear - what a rude response!!

Text back 'I didn't realise I was obliged to look after her......I thought I was doing you a favour!'

AMumInScotland Tue 02-Aug-11 10:20:49

Is she normally like that, or is the texting removing some of the subtlety from the conversation? If that's her normal way of treating someone who can't do a favour, I'd reply pretty sharply that she can sort her own childcare out for both days and the rest of the summer! But text messages can be bad for giving the wrong impression!

altinkum Tue 02-Aug-11 10:21:14

altinkum Tue 02-Aug-11 10:22:44

GypsyMoth Tue 02-Aug-11 10:23:28

You've been used op!!

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Tue 02-Aug-11 10:24:17

I think you are being taken for a mug and you need to decide whether you want to continue being taken for a mug.

That text would have pissed me right off too! and would have got one straight back along the lines of "All the FREE childcare I give you and you dare have an attitude with me because I have to take MY CHILD TO THE BURNS UNIT? Find alternative childcare for that day. And for every other day. I'm out, you selfish cow.

God, I'm angry for you! grin

ChristinedePizan Tue 02-Aug-11 10:25:28

She doesn't sound like much of a 'friend' sad And you're a bloody saint to provide free (actually more than free if you pay for all his activities too) childcare during the holidays.

I think that arrangement should now come to an end if she's so bloody ungrateful. And especially when you have to take your own DS to a horrible and stressful hospital appointment.

GetOrfMoiSamsungFridgeFreezer Tue 02-Aug-11 10:26:01

She doesn't even PAY YOU?

I am outraged on your behalf. She and he DH work FT - why on earth can she not pay you?

What an appalling sense of entitlement <punches air at mumsnet buzz word> she has.

I would tell her to SLING 'ER HOOK

Seriously altinkum I would think again - looking after her child is costing you money. There is kindness and being a good friend, and there is being taken for a ride.

GetOrfMoiSamsungFridgeFreezer Tue 02-Aug-11 10:27:34

Please type out bathykolpian's (what kind of bloody name is that? grin) text word for word and send it to her.

The burns unit? Oh how awful for the poor little mite. I hope all is well.

halcyondays Tue 02-Aug-11 10:27:45

How rude and ungrateful she is.

kaid100 Tue 02-Aug-11 10:29:23

Is it possible that it came across wrong? Could the "Thanx a bunch" be a genuine thankyou for the one day you can do and the "I suppose I'll have to look for other childcare" be a recognition that you can't do the other? I'm not certain about this, but I know that tone of voice is difficult to convey on text and that she didn't mean it the way it sounded.

TheMagnificentBathykolpian Tue 02-Aug-11 10:30:06

It means deep bosom, Getorf. <proud>

kaid100 Tue 02-Aug-11 10:30:25

Correction: ... that it's possible she may not have meant it the way it sounded.

PercyPigPie Tue 02-Aug-11 10:30:52

What's in all this for you OP? Does she have your child/children sometimes?

mumnotmachine Tue 02-Aug-11 10:32:49

I would be fuming. I will help anyone out, but when it crosses the line to taking the pee then its gone too far!

Has she ever offered to pay you?
Does she provide anything for her child for the day?

MerylStrop Tue 02-Aug-11 10:33:55

you are being very generous with your time and generous in nature to put it down to a bad day.

is she usually nice

TheCrackFox Tue 02-Aug-11 10:34:33

I would text her back and ask her did she mean to be so rude?

She is using you as you are saving her hundreds (if not thousands) of pounds a year. She would have to be an amazing friend for you to put up with it.

uninspired Tue 02-Aug-11 10:36:43

Can't believe the cheek of your so called friend. Tell her to fuck right off and I don't say that lightly. Hope your DS is ok - IIRC it was a horrific accident through which you have all been very brave.

chunkyjojo Tue 02-Aug-11 10:38:32

OP that is disgraceful!! Oh and there is NO WAY she didnt mean it the way it came across. I wouldnt text back, that willl give her time to come up with an excuse, I would phone her and ask what on earth that meant.

You've been doing her a massive favour, so hurtful to realise its taken for granted. Not a friendship i'd be maintaining

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now