Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think it's a bit to far

(8 Posts)
xkatyx Mon 01-Aug-11 18:17:19

Hi everyone

I live in a lovely area where all the kids play together ages from 4 till roughly 11.

All the neighbours get on really well we often sit out on the grass and chat whislt kids play.

Now kids are kids I will be the first to say mine are not angels I would say normal happy kids that share play nicely etc.

On Friday where my daughter 5 was playing at her friends house across from mine ( the kids are in and out if everyone's houses all day) and there were a few in there at the time.

My daughter was playing with the other kids and another child who also is a lovely little girl came to play. My daughter said to her that she wasn't her best friend and the child she was originally played with was!! My friend who's house they were in basically said "now now lids play nice together" because they are all the same they are kids and the day bepfre it was my daughter who was not considered the best friend.

Anywho it's always happens at my house and the next 5 minutes they are the best of friends and dont want to be parted.

I wasn't aware of any of this till my friend came over and said "I think I should know that Lilly had a disagreement with another girl and her mum came over and gave my daughter a telling off"

I was a bit miffed as my daughter never mentioned it but also though fair enough if the madam was being nasty she needs to be told not to be nasty etc.

But today sitting out side watching Kidd play and this mother (the one who told my daughter off) walked past and my daughter hid and started crying!! When I asked what was wrong she said that lady really shouted at me the other day and scared me. She actually looked really scare which is so unlike her.

So I spoke to my friend and asked what exactly went on she said she missed most of it but by the time the mother had come over they were all best friends again. But apperently she is known for shouting her mouth off.

I just feel so angry that she would shout at her I mean surely if she had been that bad (which I was assured that was all she said) then she should of come to me.

I'm pregnant a tad hormonal so trying to stop myself from going over there and telling her to f off!!

xkatyx Mon 01-Aug-11 18:19:32

Appologies for spelling just read that back. Dam phone .

FabbyChic Mon 01-Aug-11 18:20:13

I'd have a word with this woman and ask her what she was doing shouting at your child. No one has the right to shout at a child that is not theres.

SenoritaViva Mon 01-Aug-11 18:24:21

I think you need to sit your DD down and explain that some people are shouty, that it isn't behaviour that you advocate and that she's therefore lucky! Tell her that that is the way that mum deals with things and not to be scared. Use it as a positive experience for her to realise that people react to things differently.

I don't think the mum should have shouted at your daughter, but I'd let it go this once. If you found yourself in this kind of situation again I would go over and calmly explain that you have no problem with her telling your daughter off but you don't think shouting and scaring her is the most appropriate way.

MumblingRagDoll Mon 01-Aug-11 18:26:28

would also speak to the woman and TELL her "If you have a problem with my child you talk to ME...not her....not EVER."

Cheeky cow. Telling your child off!

FigsAndWine Mon 01-Aug-11 18:32:53

Really mumbling? Not ever? So if your child is behaving really badly, and you aren't there, you don't think anyone else has the right to tell the child to behave him/herself?

OP the woman sounds completely over the top and shouldn't have shouted at your DD. Yanbu

xkatyx Mon 01-Aug-11 18:37:47

Thank you. I think I feel extra angry because of the pregnancy.

I must admit I not keen on people tellin my kids off but if they are in there care then so be it.

spiderpig8 Mon 01-Aug-11 19:16:22

Let it go .You are all neighbours who have to live together , it is awful if their is bad feeling.Also I have a rule never to fall out over kids squabbles , as you have seen the next minute the kids are best of friends again and the parents just look stupid!.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now