Talk

Advanced search

cleaning

(11 Posts)
pearlym Mon 01-Aug-11 13:37:39

i told dh we needed a cleaner, to do the basic bathroom /kitchen/skirtign board cleaning etc, so I could get on wihtthe picking up and puttign away wihtout worrying about actual dirt growing. He sais we do not need one. When I asked him when he had last leaned a bathroom, he said he did not know how and neededlessons. He was not joiking. Is this unreasonable?

pjmama Mon 01-Aug-11 13:39:31

Hand him the Cif and a cloth and tell him he can learn on the job. grin

YANBU - He is def BU if he thinks he needs lessons to clean the bathroom!!! Of course, he knows he doesnt and is just a lazy arse..tell him when the cleaner starts she/he can give him a lesson then smile

mummymeister Mon 01-Aug-11 13:40:27

If financially you can afford it, it makes your life easier and more enjoyable then do it. if your dh thinks its all a bit of a joke then stop tidying up as of now and ask him to do it. he will soon get the message. don't forget also that your kids should be picking up and putting away as well not just you.

pearlym Mon 01-Aug-11 13:41:09

like the suggestion of cleaner giving lessons, will have to make sure she is not yuong and lovely, or at least not younger and lovelier than me!I know he is being U,!

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 01-Aug-11 13:41:15

Not unreasonable to show him how to clean a bathroom. He may enjoy it enough to do it on a regular basis smile More likely <dons Mystic Meg outfit> he will go all Cillit Bang on you until the novelty wears off and then suggest you get a cleaner.

catgirl1976 Mon 01-Aug-11 13:41:23

Well he asked for lessons............he is being unreasonable. You don't need a cleaner because YOU will do it. I bet if he had to do it he would change his tune.

AuntiePickleBottom Mon 01-Aug-11 13:46:05

get him to do it, it will be his job.....tell him once he admits defeat he then can hire a cleaner.

After all these threads about clearner...i may do 4 hours while dd is in playgroup...seems to be a popular choice

notso Mon 01-Aug-11 13:53:30

My DH needed lessons in EVERYTHING when we first moved in, for example he didn't know that toilets needed cleaning, he thought the flush did it hmm

His Mum did/does everything for everyone, she gets up a 4am everyday to clean and iron.
Even though younger BIL and my SIL have moved out she will still go round and clean SIL's whole house when she is at work, and will do BIL's washing when he has a quick work changeover because BIL's wife says she doesn't think she should have to do it.

Just give him his lesson and then he has no excuse.

My dad declared 20 years ago that him and mum didn't need a dishwasher. Guess who's been washing all the dishes ever since? There's a lesson to be learned there methinks!

janelikesjam Mon 01-Aug-11 14:21:08

Its a great idea. Thats my system. I do all the putting away, organising, and some cleaning. But once a week I have a cleaner to do the harder stuff, otherwise I would get completely overwhelmed as a single parent. It is like living in a hotel (for one night only!) I wouldn't bother (personally) to "ask" my husband but then again I don't have one!

I would rather have a cleaner than an annual holiday or clothes or make up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now